German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I have been brushing both of my dogs once or twice a day for a week or two - I have kind of lost track of how long. I was using the furminator (with a very light touch) on Ranger (my GSD) and a rake brush on Buzz (my Aussie). Both lose a dog's worth of fur each time I brush, but that is pretty normal for the Aussie. It doesn't matter how often I brush the Aussie or if he goes to the groomer I can always fill the driveway with his fur. But Ranger only seems to be filling the driveway lately. I assume it has to do with blowing his coat, but I am not sure if he will just continue shedding like this forever, like my Aussie. So now to my question. Would it be worth spending the money to take Ranger to the groomer for a washing and brush out or is this now a permanent thing like with my Aussie? Would it reduce the shedding for a bit if he goes to the groomer or should I just continue to brush everyday on my own because the results won't be any different.

Thanks for any advice.

Robin

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Since I am a daily brusher, I would just continue with that I were you.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mary Beth. I kind of came to that decision myself because it doesn't seem like his shedding is really that bad yet. I am not sure he actually is blowing his coat.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I highly recommend a metro air force blower. It will be your best friend:)

I have aussies and a gsd, I rarely if ever brush either one, just use the blower..The aussie fur I find, is easier to blow out , they don't seem to drop their coat like a gsd.

I honestly spent over 2 hours last weekend blowing out my aussie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts