German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Benny has some little scabs on his lower back area that are itchy. One developed into hot spot. With betadine, gold bond spray, and a several days in a bite not collar the hot spot is has healed, but I am worried about all the little scabs.
I have shaved the area and put betadine, gold bond and aloe vera, but what else should I do?

He also has what looks like fly bites on his ears, but he lives in the house so I don't think that is what it is. We use Advantix flea and tick monthly. My husband is allergic to fleas so if there was a flea problem we would know.

He has Kirkland Kibble in the am and a raw chicken quarter in the PM, plus springtime longevity supplement, and tbsp of a variety of oils in his food.

He also gets a monthly bath with Virbac Allergroom dog shampoo which is supposed to be the right ph for dogs.
Would love some ideas on treatment and prevention

Here is a picture of his back and the ear,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to confirm...the area in the picture is not hair loss but the area you shaved?

Yes I though shaving it before putting the medicine and lotion would help it heal

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
I think removing the hair will help promote faster healing. I wonder if something did bite him causing him to scratch, chew & lick this area into a hotspot?

Mane N Tail pro-Tect is really good for a variety of ailments, including fly strikes. You can get the spray on Amazon. I also like Vetericyn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts