German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just start noticing Damian's nose change color. He doesn't act sick or anything. Its wet most of the time. But it started changing to this color and I've never seen anything like it. In the pic, it looks like I'm choking him lol. I'm not, he just can't hold his head still. Any ideas?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I live in Florida, he has been out in 30 degree weather for about 5 minutes total lol.

Now that you mention it, I just bought him the refillable water jug thing two weeks ago..

normally he has stainless steel. I'm gonna try that. Thanks.

Will it go back?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Don't have any advice for you, but I will say, that's a funny picture of him. Haha.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
You can use a squirt of vitamin E gelcap on the nose leather. Karlo gets a raw nose during the winter from playing with his frozen jollyballs. By March it looks terrible!
If the nose starts going pink, then snow nose may be to blame, regardless of where you live.
But sounds like the plastic is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My GSDs gets that a lot and other days their noses drips clear droplets. I asked the vet and he said it was temp differences, just like our human nose can be dry or runny certain days. thats what he said anyways. lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
It should work quickly

Wow... New water dispenser and a lightening of the nose color. If that's what it is, it is reversable and color should return to normal within 1 month, possibly faster.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts