German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Taste of The Wild has a big lawsuit going on, it seems there is high lead and arsenic content in their foods and they label them as healthy. They wouldn't to their kids, so why do they think it is ok to put this in dog food?. Unsupecting dog parents think they are giving their dogs high quality food because the manufacturer lies and dogs are sick and during from their lies. They also make Diamond dog food as well. I am feed my 6 cats and my GSD Fromm. I was feeding Earthborn but after the pea and lentil scare forget it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I didn't see that lawsuit about Taste of the Wild but there's also a lawsuit against Orijen for having similar unhealthy

ingredients.

Anyone feed Wellness?

I'm planning on feeding all RAW but like to keep something on hand in case I run out of good stuff.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm no expert on kibble and we feed mostly raw, but when we do feed kibble we have Fromm on hand. Kona is pretty picky, she won't touch Victor, or certain flavors of Fromm. She really, really likes Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I switched over to victor at the beginning of last month and boy am I glad I did. She likes it about the same as her last food but it’s really firmed up her poop making it easier for me to clean up my yard. Lol

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just switched my girl over to Victor performance 3 weeks ago. I have seen a big difference in her coat and stool, while she was eating diamond hi energy she had inconsistent stools, sometimes good sometimes cow patties, now they are great even though I switched cold turkey. I have also noticed her coat is much more shiny and soft.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Victor is the opposite for my girl. Although her coat is thick, shiny and soft, she has loose/softer than preferred stools. I'm going to move her to Vet's Choice Health Extensions Chicken and Rice that my 14 wk old puppy is eating (it's all life stages) to see if that makes a difference. I tried to move the puppy to Victor but he won't eat it (Honestly, I'd just like to pay for 2 food brands and not three lol)

My shiba is on Dr. Tim's Metabolite formula (he's on the heavier side and I've been trying to find a good diet food for him for a while now). He seems to have more energy but I cannot tell if he's lost any weight. He has a gut of steel and usually can hard switch to different foods easily. No loose stools unless we go too crazy with chews.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
My dog wasn't a puppy, but she liked Farmina for awhile and has really been liking Lotus kibble. I feed raw 90% of the time, but I keep a bag of Lotus duck flavor in the pantry in case I'm in a hurry, or for use when traveling. She's pretty picky, but she literally drools over the Lotus. It's like Pavlov is in my dining room.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Malibu, Which ones are more palatable in your experience? Thanks.[/QUOTE

All foods that have been listed are 5 star kibble and should all offer what a kibble should be.
Yes, but TOTW is also given five stars. Then I saw THIS on FB today!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2823580757659413&set=a.107027455981437&type=3&theater

As mentioned a page or so back, a lawsuit has been filed:

Taste of the Wild Pet Food Class Action Lawsuit ? Truth about Pet Food

The food was found to have high levels of mercury, arsenic, cadmium, lead,
BPA and a number of other toxins!

·
Registered
414 Posts
The lawsuit is a result of the Clean Label Project and their supposed results that show many foods have metals in them. Orijen and Rachel Ray have similar lawsuits right now.

I know there is some skepticism about the site and how valid their conclusions are. I personally wouldn't stop feeding a food based on what I've heard. But I wouldn't feed TOTW or most other grain free foods right now until the issue about dilated cardiomyopathy is solved.

·
Super Moderator
5,124 Posts
I've been feeding BeaverDam Active (blue label) and am very pleased. Good price and a family owned company.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts