German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend any? Would prefer to have another opinion besides WSU Teaching Hospital.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was only one that did small animal ortho in WA state in private practice and none in Idaho. Weird.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Re: Dr's That Do Hip Surgery in the Pcific Northwe

Did you join that Orthodogs list? I imagine they might be a good resource for ortho vet referrals.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No, I can't get on yahoo at work so I would have to from home and with Joe out of town for 2 weeks, well..... time is not something I have a lot of! But that would be an excellent source thanks, I had actually forgot about it!

Will try it tonight if I have time.

All of the PM's I have gotten are pretty much steering me to WSU.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts

Is WSU in Seattle? I'll check with my vet, but I think they were the closest to us that would do a hip surgery (and we are in Montana).

I checked into a HD study they were doing a few years ago; but Tasha was not polite to vets...

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

WSU is in Pullman WA on the Idaho border.

·
Registered
14,509 Posts

Kathy - This is where I took Dante for his Elbow Dysplasia, if I had anything ortho I'd see Dr Tim Munjar again in a heartbeat.

I also talked to a couple at the park last year that had a Golden who had THR by Dr Munjar

http://www.vscpdx.com/home.html

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hummmmm..... but I was hoping you would reply to this and if you did not was going to PM you!!!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seattle is okay. It is about 5 hours from me. I wonder why he was not on veteriniry orthopedics page?

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks will look at this!

·
Registered
14,509 Posts

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I looked at his site too and I like it but I have to go through the referral process. I have called several and it really looks like WSU will be the best option for us. Worked on this off and on at work today. Work??? Why????

·
Registered
15,975 Posts
Kathy,
I made the mistake with Barker the Younger's knee and went with my regular vet for the first surgery. He said he did several a year. I think I said this was a mistake.

I think WSU will probably be fine. I think MSU also has a vet school but that would be further for you. Other than the vet schools, I would question any vet about which surgery they recommend, why, and how many of those they have done over how long. Then I'd go a little further. I'd see who my vet would recommend. If they recommended themselves or seemed to not really know what they were talking about, I'd call a few other vets and ask for recommendations. Call vets in Portland, call them in Seattle.

Be advised that the ortho dog group has a slew of vet techs on there who are going to recommend their own clinic.

Good luck.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dr Sinibaldi is retired. He did a TPLO surgery for one of my girls 8 years ago and was great. When it became clear that I was going to need an ortho again, I called his clinic and was told he is now retired

I just had my follow-up appt with Dr. Stoll, who performed a FHO on Tasha three weeks ago. Both my husband and I are very impressed with his career, knowledge, and patience (with us and with our girl!).

He is in Lynwood, and right now is only doing FHO, not THR.

Why did you decide to go with a THR vs FHO? Just curious, as I had to make that same decision not too long ago.

Good luck!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts