German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
Wow! Reading his story makes me wonder how/why on earth the owner never collected him. I wonder if he is from another state or something...his structure and head are just beautiful.
I was wishing he was Bane, the missing police K9 from MI

·
Registered
596 Posts
Gorgeous male!! If only he was closer!!! Id snatch him up in a heart beat!

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I remember when he was posted as a lost/found dog on petfinder.

I'm a little confused because it says he was in a "too small cage" at the shelter, but then when you read further down it says that this is not a shelter and is a private organization using private homes. Kind of conflicting info there.

Too bad he's a local adoption only.

·
Registered
123 Posts
we live about a half an hour away. We are going to try and look at him tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Wow, he is stunning! I can not believe his owners are not frantically looking for him. I suppose he could have traveled. I hope he finds a good home.

·
Registered
123 Posts
no way he is a mix.

·
Registered
27,271 Posts
They always list the sables as mixes...even working lines for that matter/if it isn't black and tan it must be mixed with something!
I hope you can adopt him Smoktya!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Oh goodness, what a BIG HANDSOME boy he is!!!! For the life of me it's hard to reason why someone wouldn't be looking for him!!! Petfinder pic says 'adoption pending'.... ?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
This boy has been posted before - so he's been at this place for a while. If he's about to be adopted, that's great news!

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
5,627 Posts
Almost Home is an all breed rescue. They must have gotten him from a shelter but I don't know of any that work with rescues near Doylestown.

I was at an event with them last weekend and their volunteer was telling me about this guy (I believe). If it is the same dog, I think they have him boarded.

·
Registered
32,021 Posts
No chip? Has anyone contacted Vinnie's owner? Large sable boy. It's always worth a shot to ask.

·
Registered
123 Posts
i was told by someone at the rescue that he is from Ohio. I filled out an application, but there is somebody already VERY interested in him. i will keep my hopes up. she said he is very friendly with dogs, kids and other people, just no cats. Prey drive anybody, LOL

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
What a stunning dog. Hope everything works out for him.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I had to post ...

OMG!! he is stunning!!! what a gorgeous guy he is!! I sure hope he found a loving forever home. Very sad that his original owners never stepped up to come get him :(

·
5,627 Posts
Why restrict to local only?
So that you can do a home and reference check and make sure you know where the dog is going. It also makes it easier to get the dog back if something goes wrong with the adoption.

His petfinder page says "an adopted dog".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts