German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, let me say Fiona is NOT pregnant. The only time she was out of my sight during her heat was when I was asleep. I live on the second floor, so no way to get downstairs. She has not mastered deadbolts and door opening yet. EDIT: And when we were out in public, she wore bloomers.

Having said that ... she acts like she is pregnant. :eek: Eating like 2x amount of food. Her nipples seem really big compared to before, but this was her first heat. And she is drooling like she is a St. Bernard. Her breeder / trainer says phantom pregnancy, which could be the only kind. Fiona's mother, who she sees on a weekly basis is in fact pregnant. But does this require a vet visit?

I searched the drooling, but no access to poison, unless mandarin oranges are poison. She loves them. She does not eat the rind. No access to toads or mushrooms. She did drool when I was eating the oranges, but she drools at other times too. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
First, let me say Fiona is NOT pregnant. The only time she was out of my sight during her heat was when I was asleep. I live on the second floor, so no way to get downstairs. She has not mastered deadbolts and door opening yet. EDIT: And when we were out in public, she wore bloomers.

Having said that ... she acts like she is pregnant. :eek: Eating like 2x amount of food. Her nipples seem really big compared to before, but this was her first heat. And she is drooling like she is a St. Bernard. Her breeder / trainer says phantom pregnancy, which could be the only kind. Fiona's mother, who she sees on a weekly basis is in fact pregnant. But does this require a vet visit?

I searched the drooling, but no access to poison, unless mandarin oranges are poison. She loves them. She does not eat the rind. No access to toads or mushrooms. She did drool when I was eating the oranges, but she drools at other times too. :crazy:
Hopefully a breeder can add their thoughts, but she could be experiencing a false pregnancy. Apparently it's pretty common, sometimes they can even produce milk? I'm sure a google search would help you. Sorry, I don't know much more about it. :)

·
Registered
31,891 Posts
I have had false pregnancies with my girls. I do not remember any over-drooling issues. I would not take a bitch to a vet for a false pregnancy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts