German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 14 week old, Abraxas (Brax), drinks so much at night. I fill the bowl twice, and he drinks a third bowl dry on our trips outside. No changes in food, but he has gained 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I wondered if maybe he's going through another growth spurt, and I haven't been feeding him enough to keep up with it...I just wondered if anyone else had seen this. I'm starting to worry. Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine loved water as a pup and still does at 1-1/2 yrs.. I let him drink as much as he wants and its never been an issue..

·
Registered
45 Posts
AS a puppy, it might be best not to let him drink that much before bed though.. Nobody wants to wake up in middle of the night if you dont have to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 7 month old. When she was like 3-4 months she drank constantly- almost like an obsessive behavior. But it has subsided... I do notice if she runs out of water at night in her crate she will cry for more. But she’s great at holding her pee so I just make sure she has full water before bedtime.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
You might want to run tests as could be JRD (it seems to be congenital)...early symptoms are excessive thirst.
Could be obsessive.

Reactions: Sabis mom
1 - 5 of 5 Posts