German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, as of 9 hours ago, if you would have slowed down in front of my house, I would have given Gunnar to you, and possibly $500 cash to take him away. (Don't worry, I'm better now)

Some background: For years, I worked rotating shifts so was used to sleeping/being awake at all hours. I was one of those people that went to bed when I was tired, layed down, and was asleep in 10 minutes.
Since I had my kidney transplant (thanks to my wife, who donated) I rarely sleep more than 5 hours at a time and when I do, it's pretty light. I wake up really easy. It's the immunosuppresive meds I take. It's getting better, but I'm tired a lot.
Our dogs are "run of the house" dogs. Their beds are in our bedroom, both in opposite corners, on the far wall, across from our bed. Cass sleeps on her bed, no problem.
Gunnar has to sleep on the floor, nest to my wife's side of the bed. There is a space about 2-2 1/2 feet wide between her side of the bed and the wall.
Gunnar tends to sleep on his back, 4 legs in the air, tipped a bit toward the wall. About midnight last night, he started "dream running" and I could hear his paws/nails against the wall. It made a lot of noise. His nails were trimmed on Friday, so not too long. Then the dream barking/talking starts.
I gave him the "stage whisper" Gunny, knock it off. He quits, but rolls over and THUMP on the floor.
Great, I roll over to try and go back to sleep. 5 minutes later, same thing. Scratch/scratch/scratch and whine/bark/whine. Then, he woke himself up and THUMP on to the floor when he woke up.
This happened 6 times over the course of an hour.

I finally told him that if he didn't move or shut up I was gonna put him in his kennel, which is in the finished basement. He went over to his bed and lay down, but in the process I woke up my wife and then SHE was pissed..............at me.

I'm telling you, I love my dogs, but I'm afraid if my wife has to choose between me and Gunnar, I'm in trouble.

Can anyone recommend a good doggie sedative....................

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Or, a really good human sedative???? LMFAO!!!! Oh man, I HATE it when he gets to talking in the middle of the night!! Killian, that is. Thats just crazy. I hope you sleep better tonight. I hate getting no sleep.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Rosa talks in her sleep every night. I sleep with ear plugs.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hehe. Max lets out the occasional " moooooo" at night. It's our Scottie, Ally, who is the noisy one. Snores like a lumberjack...

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Rosa talks in her sleep every night. I sleep with ear plugs.
:rofl: that part made me laugh.

Dodger doesn't talk in his sleep, he just hogs the entire bed. there's an easy solution to my problem...bigger bed lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts