German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question - how long should a drag leash be? Just from the collar to the floor?

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
LOL I don't think anyone has ever asked?? It's a variable depends on the size of the dog and the situation??

I'm "amusing" the Frenchie?? I would say between three and four feet myself?? A thrift store would be a good place to pick one up??

Is he still doing that dash across the room "crap" at you?? Have you started working on "Place" with him??

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Use a regular four foot leash with the handle cut off (so it doesn't get hooked on anything). When you bend down to pick up the leash, you don't want to be in your dog's face - you want to be in a neutral position, like standing at his side, so a longer leash is needed.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL I don't think anyone has ever asked?? It's a variable depends on the size of the dog and the situation??

I'm "amusing" the Frenchie?? I would say between three and four feet myself?? A thrift store would be a good place to pick one up??

Is he still doing that dash across the room "crap" at you?? Have you started working on "Place" with him??
Yes, Chip, it is for the Frenchie with the attitude problem! I have been crating him whenever we know that someone is coming, and also when someone comes to the door. I wanted to put a drag line on him because I don't want to get bit grabbing for his collar. I have had Frenchies for the past 10 years, and they are truely quarrelsome as a breed. They are not simply pugs with big ears-they are bulldogs through and through! It has gotten worse with this guy lately. I know you have posted links for teaching the place command, which I need to look up and begin - are my dogs too old to learn this?

·
Banned
7,657 Posts
Yes, Chip, it is for the Frenchie with the attitude problem! I have been crating him whenever we know that someone is coming, and also when someone comes to the door. I wanted to put a drag line on him because I don't want to get bit grabbing for his collar. I have had Frenchies for the past 10 years, and they are truely quarrelsome as a breed. They are not simply pugs with big ears-they are bulldogs through and through! It has gotten worse with this guy lately. I know you have posted links for teaching the place command, which I need to look up and begin - are my dogs too old to learn this?
As long as a dog is not "senile" and is still breathing .. then he can be "trained." :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts