German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using this food? His 5 teams dominated the Iditarod yet again this year. Seems the same for hunt trials, skijoring, agility and even dock dogging. The top Malinois team in the world (from Japan) uses the food.

You don't see anyone really serious using the foods that most consumers use.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dare I ask about that certain Canadian food?

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I feed Dr. Tims to my malinois who is very active in skijor and also trains for ScH. I feed Taste of the Wild- formulas with 28/18 protein/fat ratio to my GSD and husky.

I am happy with the food and the price. All the serious skijorers/mushers I know feed Dr. Tims or Annamaet. I was feeding Annamaet, and like it- but it is harder to get here and more expensive. My husky also does better on the TOTW- seems he has some issues with chicken and probably grains.

Dr. Tim's is a good food, and I think it is much better for working dogs than Orijen- based on my experience with a total of just three dogs. Additionally, Orijen is cost-prohibitive.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm using Dr Tim's Kinesis grain inclusive on our 11 month old GSD. She likes it and seems to be doing well on it. I'm planning on trying the grain free on our 7 year old shepherd, but I had a coupon for Wellness, her current food, and used that for now. The grain free Kinesis is a better price usually than the Wellness. I noticed though that Chewy is out of the grain free, and Petflow is almost out, so it must be becoming popular.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts