German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share. I have no experience with this but know there are alot of itchy GSD!

Welcome to Nutriscan - Dog Food Sensitivity Kit

Does your dog have itchy skin or an irritable bowel?
Do you suspect your dog has a food intolerance?

Food intolerance or sensitivity is actually quite common whereas food allergy is rare. In fact, food intolerance is the third most common sensitivity condition in dogs and often can be easily remedied with a change in diet. For years, though, the difficulty lay in figuring out what foods were problematic – until now.

Developed by world renowned veterinarian, Dr. Jean Dodds, NutriScan tests for the twenty most commonly ingested foods by dogs to provide you with specific results as to your dog's food intolerances or sensitivities. Since it is a salivary test, you have the convenience to complete the test at home or at your veterinarian’s office. Best of all, you can have the results in approximately two weeks to help you put your dog on the right diet.

Please remember, NutriScan is novel and patented and is not testing for food allergies, but rather tests for food sensitivities and intolerance. These are different body immune responses. Food allergy is a more immediate reaction mediated by production of IgE and IgG antibodies. Food sensitivity and intolerance, by contrast, measures a more delayed body response to offending foods by measuring production of IgA and IgM antibodies primarily in mucosal secretions from the bowel.

Dr. Dodds recommends that dogs are tested annually as – similar to humans – canine food tolerances and intolerances change over time.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Good info Courtney:)

I think this should be a sticky;)

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
I suggested a friend get the Nutri-Scan done on her GSD. She had gone thru many foods looking for the right one to no avail.
I felt it was an AMAZING tool for sensitivities!
After reviewing the results, I helped her with a limited diet. Within 2 weeks, the dogs hair grew back and itching was cut in half! If anyone does it, I suggest getting both panels done. Well worth it! :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
hmm, I'm actually considering having this done. My pup is having stomach issues...:( I'll update when I complete the kit and get results back.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Jinks is fairly itchy and neither coconut oil, nor SH-Emp oil has cured it. I'm currently trying out Benadryl to see if that helps. This might be something to try out- but it's certainly not cheap is it!?

Pricing
Saliva test kit $15.99 (taxable)
Saliva Food Intolerance Test Panel 1 (10 Food Antigens) $135.00 (not taxable)
Saliva Food Intolerance Test Panel 2 (10 Food Antigens) $135.00 (not taxable)
Saliva Food Intolerance Test Panel 1 and 2 (20 Food Antigens) $260.00 (not taxable)

Order

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
hmm, I'm actually considering having this done. My pup is having stomach issues...:( I'll update when I complete the kit and get results back.
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the Nutri-Scan!:)
Don't forget that your pup may need Digestive Enzymes and a Pro-Biotic for his tummy. Carmspac from this blog http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/members/50917-carmspack.html has a great product called Sunday Sundae and there is another I use called Digest-All Plus: The Wholistic Pet
Please keep us posted! I'd love to know what happens! ;)

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Allergies:

You're pet will be tested for allergies and sensitivities to over 175 different pet food ingredients and common environmental allergens. Allergies can be the cause of excessive scratching, paw chewing, dirty ears and more. Other brands of pet allergy tests cost more, but our low-priced test is comprehensive.

Toxins:

They can be the cause of fatty tumors, skin diseases and even cancers. These toxins can be absorbed through their paws by licking the floor and a dozen other ways. We can show you if herbacides like Roundup® and common household cleaning chemicals are present in your dog or cat so you can take appropriate action to flush them out. This test covers 18 of some of the most dangerous, common chemicals in foods and in your pet's environment.
Bacterias & Virus:

Low-level bacterial or viral infections can be hard to detect -- but they can be a drag on your pet's well-being and be the cause of more serious diseases left undetected.
Molds and Funguses:

Fungal infections create severe ear infections and skin disorders and growths. They can be deadly if left undiagnosed. This test detects 13 health-damaging mold and fungus infections, including ringworm and yeast overgrowth. They can be cured quickly -- if you know your pet has them.
Parasites:

It's common for roundworm, hookworm, tapeworm, ear mites and mange and other parasites to cause the same symptoms as allergies. But the treatments for parasites and allergies are different -- so it's critical for you to know exactly what the cause of your pet's problems are. This test checks for 16 common parasites that could be causing your pet's symptoms.

^^^^ https://immuneiq.com/#

This is another saliva AND fur test - more comprehensive - if it is viable then I would use this...it says 5 tests in 1 and is $87.00.

This is endorsed/supported by Animal Wellness Magazine

·
Registered
37 Posts
results came back

I got my pup's results in for Nutriscan today. She's actually allergic to Turkey and Venison.
Everything else she has a negative or a weak reaction to. I kind of suspected venison; now this confirms it for me. Time to go through the food bin!

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
I got my pup's results in for Nutriscan today. She's actually allergic to Turkey and Venison.
Everything else she has a negative or a weak reaction to. I kind of suspected venison; now this confirms it for me. Time to go through the food bin!
That's great!
Just make sure that what ever you are feeding doesn't have any of the items she even showed weak signs to. Check out The Honest Kitchen varieties which have limited ingredients. All Natural Dog Food - Dehydrated Pet Food | The Honest Kitchen
If you'd want to do the raw/cooked -VERY limited- diet that we put my friends dog on, please feel free to pm me, I'd love to help!
Don't forget to get the Digest All Plus to help his gut stay healthy. :)
BTW, you can also email Dr. Dodd's staff (no extra charge) with any questions you might have!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Allergies:

You're pet will be tested for allergies and sensitivities to over 175 different pet food ingredients and common environmental allergens. Allergies can be the cause of excessive scratching, paw chewing, dirty ears and more. Other brands of pet allergy tests cost more, but our low-priced test is comprehensive.

Toxins:

They can be the cause of fatty tumors, skin diseases and even cancers. These toxins can be absorbed through their paws by licking the floor and a dozen other ways. We can show you if herbacides like Roundup® and common household cleaning chemicals are present in your dog or cat so you can take appropriate action to flush them out. This test covers 18 of some of the most dangerous, common chemicals in foods and in your pet's environment.
Bacterias & Virus:

Low-level bacterial or viral infections can be hard to detect -- but they can be a drag on your pet's well-being and be the cause of more serious diseases left undetected.
Molds and Funguses:

Fungal infections create severe ear infections and skin disorders and growths. They can be deadly if left undiagnosed. This test detects 13 health-damaging mold and fungus infections, including ringworm and yeast overgrowth. They can be cured quickly -- if you know your pet has them.
Parasites:

It's common for roundworm, hookworm, tapeworm, ear mites and mange and other parasites to cause the same symptoms as allergies. But the treatments for parasites and allergies are different -- so it's critical for you to know exactly what the cause of your pet's problems are. This test checks for 16 common parasites that could be causing your pet's symptoms.

^^^^ https://immuneiq.com/#

This is another saliva AND fur test - more comprehensive - if it is viable then I would use this...it says 5 tests in 1 and is $87.00.

This is endorsed/supported by Animal Wellness Magazine
Has anyone used this? I'm at my ropes end w the chronic diarhea and all tests coming back negative including EPI I know it's an allergy of some sort

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
7/5/13 Dr. Dodds answer to my question on how is the “Immuneiq” testing different than NutriScan?: Per Dr. Dodds: “To my knowledge, it (Immuneiq) certainly has not been validated clinically or scientifically for food allergens. There is no other scientifically validated method of detecting food sensitivity and intolerance except for our patented Nutriscan test (now patented worldwide, and for dogs, cats & horses in USA; cats & horses pending overseas). “

·
Registered
504 Posts
Has anyone used this? I'm at my ropes end w the chronic diarhea and all tests coming back negative including EPI I know it's an allergy of some sort
Have you tried a diet trial of a novel protein or hydrolyzed diet? Both would be prescription foods from your vet, there are no OTC foods that will work the same way. So many people will come on here and trash these kinds of foods because the ingredients aren't the best, but when you are really at your wits end and the animal is suffering then you need to at least try that and if there's a response then you can figure out what to do long term.

I hope more people post about this kit from Dr Dodds, I am really interested to know how it works in the real world, even my own GSD I suspect has a food allergy but its mild enough at this point I'm not willing to spend almost $300 yet but this might help some of my clients.

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
Have you tried a diet trial of a novel protein or hydrolyzed diet? Both would be prescription foods from your vet, there are no OTC foods that will work the same way. So many people will come on here and trash these kinds of foods because the ingredients aren't the best, but when you are really at your wits end and the animal is suffering then you need to at least try that and if there's a response then you can figure out what to do long term.

I hope more people post about this kit from Dr Dodds, I am really interested to know how it works in the real world, even my own GSD I suspect has a food allergy but its mild enough at this point I'm not willing to spend almost $300 yet but this might help some of my clients.
Hi Doc!
Dr. Dodds and her staff are VERY accessible for any types of questions.
Sounds like a great fit for your clinic.
Here is the email address: [email protected]
Other Info: Hemolife
Hemolife is unique in routinely offering expert clinical interpretive diagnostic comments that take into account the age, sex, and breed type and activity of the animal, this often yields an expected normal reference range for an individual pet that differs from the test lab's generic broad reference range. Hemolife has participated in the regular Endocrinology Proficiency Testing from the Veterinary Laboratory Association Quality Assurance Program (VLA-QAP) since 2008.
Results of each sample are reviewed and reported by the Hemolife staff on our unique Cloud-Based computer technology Laboratory Information System (LIS). They are then personally reviewed and interpreted by Dr. Jean Dodds and two trained veterinary colleagues, Drs. Andrew Zuckerman and Gary Richter. If further consultations are required for these cases, veterinarians or pet owners can discuss the case with Dr. Dodds and Staff at no additional charge.
Hope this can help someone!
Moms :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts