German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any thoughts on her or her practices? Anyone read her book?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It won't let me post the picture of the book:( Its called The Royal Treatment..A Natural Approach to Wild Healthy Pets.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I haven't read her book yet, but I plan to. I know Dr. Royal, and I think she's a great vet. I took my previous two dogs to her before Bianca, mostly for orthopedic issues (she does physical rehabilitation as well as holistic medicine etc)-- she happened to be the vet at the physical therapy department at the hospital a friend recommended for rehab where I took my terrier when he had hip surgery, and we continued with her when she opened her own clinic. I also took my GSD Bianca to her for a consult after she was diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma, and she was very helpful.
She also has written some good articles, you can find some linked from her website: Press Archive | Royal Treatment Veterinary Center

I am hoping to take my next puppy to her from the start, rather than just for a specific medical issue like I have with my other dogs.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She is going to be at the place where I go for my dogs food next week and they are selling her book now. I might just grab one and maybe go meet her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We see Dr. Royal too. And her book is great. We started seeing her when she was at Family Pet, in Lincoln Park. Then she moved to Old Town, and we saw her there with our GS. Now she is in the Ravenswood neighborhood and has another doc or two that work with her. I miss the old days before she was discovered by Oprah, but she is still very approachable and spends lots of time with our dogs. She has helped a lot with our current foster dog, who has been a puzzle of health issues.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
We see Dr. Royal too. And her book is great. We started seeing her when she was at Family Pet, in Lincoln Park. Then she moved to Old Town, and we saw her there with our GS.
Yeah I started seeing her at the Veterinary Specialty center in Buffalo Grove, my terrier Pooch did underwater treadmill hydrotherapy and acupuncture there after his hip surgery in 2002... Then we also saw her at Family Pet later when my Golden developed spondylosis. Her current location is a lot closer to me though which is nice, it was a long drive out to Buffalo Grove every week when Pooch was doing his physical therapy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts