German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is *heartbreaking*. Please someone get him out of there. Petfinder link is here. There's also a video on there. He will break your heart. The writeup says:

CHUBS - ID#A4224309 My name is Chubs and I am described as a male, brown and black Belgian Malinois mix The shelter thinks I am about 1 year old. I have been at the shelter since Dec 18, 2010. HE is in DANGER of EUTHANASIA at the Downey Shelter, please go DIRECTLY there to adopt! HE is in the "rescue only" section also. They have labeled his aggressive but he is NOT aggressive just very scared. He will come when you call but then runs back outside. I could only take a 2 photos and a very short video as the shelter was asking me to leave the rescue area since they had more work to do and they we standing in the rain with me. He is listed as a "Belg Malinios" but he is clearly too large to be that breed. He looks to be a sable GSD possibly a mix due to his looong legs. They look too long for a typical shepherd but that is just my opinion. Downey Shelter 11258 S. Garfield Ave. Downey, CA 90242 (562) 940-6898 Hours: Monday Thursday 12 PM - 7 PM Friday and Saturday 10 AM - 5 PM Closed Sunday and Holidays Directions: North - South Exit the Long Beach Freeway At Imperial Highway, Shelter is located on Garfield Ave., One block South of Imperial, East of the Long Beach Freeway. East - West Exit the Glen Anderson Freeway (105) at Garfield, Go North on Garfield to shelter.

Pic below pulled from Petfinder:

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
He doesn't look anything like a Malinois - sable GSD I'd say. Some GSD's have longer legs, check out Max in the Follow up section! Poor chap does look frightened - bump....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Bump, for the handsome dude! If only I didn't have a full house! :cry:

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Wow, what a gorgeous dog. He certainly looks purebred to me and our pups can be very leggy before they mature and fill out...

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
Long legs could = great agility dog.................. :D Handsome boy ! :help:

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Handsome and sad, bump.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wishing him the chance of love and acceptance from a family that will appreciate him. He is very striking. His eyes really speak to me. Wish I was closer. (I'm in FL.) Praying that someone helps him.

Jim

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Godspeed Chubs - wherever you are dear boy.....

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts