German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wakes you up at 5 am to go outside, and now of course, you are wide awake so you decide to go ahead and put on a pot of coffee.
Meanwhile, the dog goes and curls up in his bed and then proceeds to start snoring.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
627 Posts
Freyja loves doing that to me. When I actually have to wake up early she refuses to get out of bed. Dogs definitely make our lives more entertaining.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Yup, ditto

Then we get dressed and take her for a walk followed by play time.
I want to come back as my dog.

·
5,627 Posts
I wish that's how it happens in my house... if they wake me up at 5am to potty, they are up and want to be fed and played with. In the summer months when it is light out, 5am is a pretty regular wake up time.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like we're both up at 5am with dogs. So, uh. . . aside from that how ya' doing?
HAHHAHAAHA! I see that at least your newest is probably STILL up. Mine is content sleeping and now I am jittery from all the coffee I have consumed.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
my dog wont get out of bed and I have to leave for work in five minutes :help:

·
Registered
655 Posts
I know Abby can read the clock because she wakes me up when its time for work on my days off. How do you teach a dog to read the calendar?

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I know Abby can read the clock because she wakes me up when its time for work on my days off. How do you teach a dog to read the calendar?
when you figure it out can you tell me? :wild:

·
Registered
655 Posts
when you figure it out can you tell me? :wild:
I tried counting the days until Christmas for the dogs but since the dogs think I am Santa and every day is Christmas, it didn't work.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I tried counting the days until Christmas for the dogs but since the dogs think I am Santa and every day is Christmas, it didn't work.
:rofl: darn

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
We had a bit of a disaster last night (electrical fire) lots of hub-bub around the house - threw everything off schedule. This morning I couldn't get out of bed because Hondo (who normally sleeps on the floor) was laying across my legs. And I seriously considered calling my office and telling them I can't come in because my dog is holding me hostage. ......

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
When we got Wolfie at 3 months old, he slept until 7 am. Now he sleeps until 9:30, but will reluctantly get up at 9 if I want him to! Yes, he is a strange dog, but I do love this about him! Lilie, I hope you are all ok after the fire! That must have been scary!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Lilie, I hope you are all ok after the fire! That must have been scary!
All's well that ends well. I lost my desk top and my fridge - and we have to have an electrician out to find out why the breaker didn't blow - but it could have been so much worse! So I'm counting my blessings and buying a new fridge and desk top!

I'll have to be extra special to Hondo because he was in the house when we 1st noticed the smoke - he was reacting to the smell and wouldn't leave the kitchen - I was a littled freaked and I snatched him by the back of his neck and his rump hair and threw him out of the house. He's so darn sensitive, now he is attempting to crawl into my back pocket 24/7. (Why he was sleeping on my legs.)

They are thinking that it could have been caused due the rolling power outages we are experiancing because of the weather...Something to think about! (Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack the thread)

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
They are thinking that it could have been caused due the rolling power outages we are experiancing because of the weather...Something to think about! (Sorry, didn't mean to hyjack the thread)
Yeah, aren't those wonderful? 14 degrees and we're having power outages.
Places that are exempt from the rolling outages include: Hospitals, nursing homes, and Cowboy Stadium in Dallas. :angryfire:

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Why are they doing rolling outages? I have lived here for 23 years and we have lost power 5 times in all those years, but never did the electric company do it on purpose.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Why are they doing rolling outages? I have lived here for 23 years and we have lost power 5 times in all those years, but never did the electric company do it on purpose.
They say it's because 2 of the biggest coal-fired plants in TX burst water pipes, cutting the state's power capacity by 10%. At the same time a lot of the state is covered with snow and ice and record low temperatures-- stuff we don't have around much and aren't used to. So a lot of people are staying home and turning up the heaters. It doesn't help that houses around here are built to be cool in the summers but aren't so good at staying warm. PLUS the Super Bowl is in Dallas this weekend and there are a lot of people coming in town for that.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
They say it's because 2 of the biggest coal-fired plants in TX burst water pipes, cutting the state's power capacity by 10%. At the same time a lot of the state is covered with snow and ice and record low temperatures-- stuff we don't have around much and aren't used to. So a lot of people are staying home and turning up the heaters. It doesn't help that houses around here are built to be cool in the summers but aren't so good at staying warm. PLUS the Super Bowl is in Dallas this weekend and there are a lot of people coming in town for that.
I have a friend that moved from here to Texas. They built a brand new house and built it like they build them here, very weather tight and with lots of insulation. His new neighbors laughed at him, but you know, he had the coolest house in the neighborhood, because insulation works to keep the a/c from leaking out on a hot day as well.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Emoore, Otto wakes me up twice a night most nights (some times more some times less). He jumps on the edge of the bed and crys. Or licks my face (not nice at 3:00AM)! So I feel your pain with the waking up in the night. LOL with the cold weather (14 degrees) he loves it not me. So I only giving a just enuff time to use the RR. Then its back to bed for us both. It feels like I'm getting up with a newborn.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Our puppy Zoe doesn't wake us up yet at night, so maybe 2 times a night we take her out to pee.

When we try to take her out of her crate, she just goes limp and becomes dead weight. She knows she's being taken out into the cold snowy backyard and likes being warm and cozy.

LOL what a girl.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts