German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hubby was home this morning so I had him take some pics of our morning ride. Lakota was so excited to see him so it was hard to get her still.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
:wild:

I dont think I'd ever try that!

I'd be too afraid I'd fall off or something, I dont think I even remember how to ride a bike. :confused:

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
I want to take mine rollerblading next summer, but haven't been on roller blades since I was a kid. I'm less concerned with control over them as they are well trained, and MUCH more concerned with my ability not to fall flat on my face without the dogs having done a thing.

I definitely wouldn't try a bike though, especially with three. Yikes!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Bet you don't even have to pedal! :D I agree - nice looking pack!

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone!
I started taking Apache & Kiya out with the bike about 5 years ago. I started Lakota by herself over the summer. Last sunday I took all 3 together for the first time and they were really good. It can be a pain adjusting the leashes. Lakota is the only one that pulls, specially if she sees a deer. So I keep her next to me on a short lead, if I loop the lead in front of her chest she doesn't pull. Poor Apache doesn't want to give up his spot next to me so he stays behind Lakota most of the time. Kiya just goes like a girl on a mission. Theres a lot of sandy trails so I get plenty of peddling, at least until the ground freezes. When I say HO they all stop and stand. I don't make them sit on the trails because of bugs.
I tried roller blading years ago, I couldn't stop unless I crashed. No way could I even consider roller blading with the dogs, I'll stick with the bike.
I would love to get a sled (and more dogs) someday.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Love these pictures! Beautiful Dogs!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Great pics! I tried this with my two a few times...always had to have someone to help me get started because one of my dogs was so hyper. Sold my bike after a few tries. Now I wish I still had it because dogs are better trained and we could have so much fun. It is GREAT exercise for the dogs...but I never had to pedal so not great exercise for me :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts