German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please, take your phone with you, when you walk your dog. Three weeks ago, 5.45am one morning, I tripped on some old fencing wire and broke my arm (fractured head of radius), while walking Nitro. I made it back to my car, but couldn't drive my stick shift (manual) car home due to the injury. My neighbour rescued us and took me to hospital, my adult kids slept through me trying to contact them. Always take your phone.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Sorry for your injuries. I hope you will make a full recovery. I always take my phone even if the sound is turned off.

·
Registered
15,884 Posts
Yeah I take my phone except around the place. I was talking to a friend about this and we figured we would fall and break the phone... So anyway, I take my phone but it may not be charged....

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm so sorry about your injury. As I've gotten older, 2 things I'm glad I don't have to deal with are, a stick shift & stairs in my home.

I've forgotten it a couple of time, but I always plan to take my phone, along with my poop clean-up tools. I've had my share of falls & almost falls through the years. Cassie has tripped me a few times, but I've fortunately been able to recover before falling. As the knees start wearing out, I find we tend to trip more easily.

A current bad thing that I see too often now is people walking while reading things on their phone. They are like zombies and vulnerable to a lot of hazards. Actually, some of them are a hazard.

·
Super Moderator
5,849 Posts
I'm glad you're ok!We have a stick shift in one vehicle also,so an arm or foot injury is definitely a problem.

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's also good to have if you're walking alone or at night. Just last night I was walking Koda with my cousin around the square of the town we're vacationing in and we had a very creepy guy follow try to follow us back to the house we're renting. We noticed him and turned down a different road and went back to the well lit square and called her husband, who is in law enforcement, to come walk back with us.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Good to hear all posters on this thread ended up being okay! The world can be weird, that's for sure! @Dunkirk, so glad you ended up reaching a caring neighbor!

But DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT! is great advice. Also being "somehow" prepared for dealing with an off-normal "incident" is good advice! We're not all martial arts experts. Carry something with you that can save you in an emergency! Mace, pepper spray, or some other armament. It can be a crazy world out there...be safe!

·
Registered
7,132 Posts
Glad you were able to get help from your neighbor. I've found my kids often turn off the ringer/sound and it can make reaching them difficult at times. Hope you mend quickly and completely.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts