German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Denine W. Phillips

Anyone read this book? It looks pretty interesting, so I ordered it. It's - more or less - written in diary form, and chronicles the rearing of a GSD by a woman who had golden retrievers for years prior.

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
By Denine W. Phillips

Anyone read this book? It looks pretty interesting, so I ordered it. It's - more or less - written in diary form, and chronicles the rearing of a GSD by a woman who had golden retrievers for years prior.

I'm reading it now, and wish I it would have been in print 2 years ago. Although the reading is a bit dry, in diary form, the author describes so many things we went through and has "Lesson Learned" in the back of each chapter. I'd highly recommend it for the puppy owners.

A while ago, I was having lots of self doubt with our dog. Then I had to remember that I raised and trained two other dogs successfully, just as the author had raised golden retrievers.

There are also some good quotes, one from Ian Dunbar about why he would never own a GSD - he would not want a dog that is smarter than himself. And one from their friend,"once you own a GSD, no other breed will do".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts