German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
the article says "nearly 200"

situations like this are why so many farmers turn to "shoot first" when it comes to stray dogs :(

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
This happened 5 miles from my house and was way blown out of proportion. One dog may have been a pit bull type but it was never made clear. They were a bunch of abandoned family dogs that formed a pack to survive,

It is sad that they killed the goats but the blame lays on the people who just dumped them off.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind were the other dogs? those pictures are haunting. the lama massacre was really bad also, pits were not involved in that.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
What horrific attacks ... I hope they can eradicate the pack of dogs before too many other animals get slaughtered or a human is harmed.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
yes, the breeds are probably wrong.
The worst thing is, 99% of the times it's not a case of dogs killing for food. They just get caught up in the excitement and kill everything they can catch. It's a game to them.
Yes, the humans are at fault but in the end it's the dogs who will pay the price. It always is.
With the amount of dead animals, though, I don't see how it is being blown out of proportion. Sadly, when you have a pack of dogs things like this become a regular occurrence and the only way to stop it is to kill the dogs (they are often trap savvy or become that way after the first one or two dogs are caught. They also are usually not hungry so don't have a lot of interest in baited traps.) I also wouldn't be surprised if all of the dogs aren't strays or abandoned - more likely that at least some of them have a home and are just loose and wandering.

·
Registered
69 Posts
a macabre question but where are the wounds? they didn't even eat one?

All I see is bloated carcasses that could have just as well died from a hot day (but that would get no insurance or press)
The video shows one with small blood...

Just make me think of the plight of true Andulusians... breeders overstocked just before economy tank. Most became dog food when they had more unsold than they could care for. Maybe there was goat selling craze. Listen to all those numbers they were throwing our. WOW!

But they have no pit bull scares to try to blame it on. I mean a pack of all pit bulls... they have to live near... traps outside pens would work.

No Cal is serious on livestock killers. I had to be sure my 85/15 white wolf hybrid didn't hang loose with our neighbor's Rottie. Gretchen was small animal killer that was in locked battle with my chow over Her cat daily. She always came home bloody.

But id'ing breeds is hard for authorities it seems
My wolf was Shepherd Collie mix the one time he got loose and nabbed. Assumption because neck rough, plush tail and friendly demeanor

...my uber mix was always labeled as a pitmix. His had a orange alert lettering on his collar that said NOT PIT and his tag said be gentle I am a good dog. But his big head and chest were actually from his lab-side parent. He was the tied out fence jumper and 7 months old when I got him so I anted to be sure he wasn't set up for failure while I was training him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts