German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last month we moved to a new place with a huge yard (an acre)
i leash walk them as we have no fence yet, that will be put in in the spring

tonight i took the dogs out one by one for alone time,in the backyard. sadie was offleash ( i kept scanning for critters the whole time) and rufus was on a 25 ft long line ( i trust sadie more then rufus lol as sadie sticks near you and comes back when you call her)

they had a blast running around..

so here are some pics of them with the jolly ball having a blast

0328131924 - YouTube

0328131934 - YouTube

0328131936 - YouTube

0328131923 - YouTube

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Wow all that room to play ball! Lucky dogs.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Now that is one NICE BACK YARD!!!!!!!! i could not really see details the video was blurry, but i could see that sadie is a beautiful girl (love that name). congrats on your new place and im sure your dogs are going to love it there.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I love my fence.....But while you are waiting you can boundary train without underground fence.

My GSDs were always easy to boundary train. Every place we went I would walk the perimeter with them and correct for leaving the yard. After a few times they got it. That was before I knew better and Linus would lay out watching the kids play and never leave the yard with me in the house [note, that was in the 80s I would not leave a dog out with kids in an unfenced yard like that these days].

Jasmine, the cat, understood the boundary too but the laws did not apply to her. She would run up to Linus, swat him on the nose and run about 10 feet on the other side of the boundary line and flick her tail at him just for fun.

Anyway it is pretty easy to train and might make them respect the fence even better.

Dang, he was an amazing dog.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i had an apt before, and before that a house with a fenced in yard. i prefer to leash walk as it gives them smells to check out, and exercise for me lol... the fenced in part is good for off leash stuff .. i like to walk around more then hang in the yard lol..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts