German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always wondered if dogs had dreams about us. If I were to ask Lobo (best friend true heart dog barked and whined when I left. Always obeys me lots of attention from him! Very playful!), Riley (mine playful bff love equally to Lobo), Dante, Nico, Teeka, Oliver, Swat, Kona (deceased godfather), Cosmo, Brodie (deceased), Sydney, Koda, Shasta, Jeb, Cali, Freda, Sophie, Woody, Missy, Max, Chiroro, Frankie, Brandy, Nicholas, Luke and others if they dream about me than I feel like they would say yes. I had dreams about all of these dogs too. Sometimes they are in nightmares which are awful. Sometimes have great dreams. A lot of these dogs saved my life in dreams or died (Lobo and I died together in each others arms :( Lobo saved my life a ton too, Lobo and I lived together feel like it could happen someday). Sometimes I feel like they had the same dreams I have had. For example, had dream where I was going to be killed by two gun people on a boat but Lobo came in and killed them protected me. I felt like he and I had the very same dream. In real life Lobo's presence i feel very safe and he feels the same. Cannot explain our telepathy to others I wonder if I am just imaginaging. Other dreams I had Kona or Brodie they died and they feel like they are really there!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I think dogs dream of bones, filet mignon, and chasing squirrels. Humans are probably last on the list.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@JakodaCD OA

How can you be certain for sure? Dogs do understand us more than we do them. Who knows if they do? if we dream about dogs who we love and they love us back deeply than they must dream about us.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have no clue what Gunther dreams of but I like watching him run in his sleep. Just the other night he started growling with his big boy voice too while he slept. It's kinda cute :wub:

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
I do think it rather odd that you love a dog you walk for 2 hours the week the same as your very own dog...and your dog is not even listed in your signature line :(.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@jocoyn

When you hang out with a bunch of other dogs other than you will find dogs you love equally as your own. For me Lobo and he still shares plenty of love to me! Not always 2 hours sometimes more! Today was 4 1/2 hours with Lobo bear! Got to get him to stop the habit of jumping when I am excited than he gets excited. He and I share an incredible bond no one imagines. I do not believe people if they say no he's not. If you were to ask Lobo himself he would say, "He is my best friend and makes me the most happiest GS on earth." Next to his owners I am his favorite friend! I can see why people see children grow up hard for them to believe it and so same goes for me with Lobo. We are going to dog park together on Friday! Just he and I!!! Going to spend the whole day after school with him! Whenever I think of world ending I go see Lobo in my dreams to see him one last time. Meaning the one thing on earth that matters to me the most next to my parents is Lobo and Riley. The one last thing I feel Lobo too is he and I for our last sight. He is seeing that I am respecting his wishes and loving me more and more. Our bond will never cease to stop growing!

·
Super Moderator
5,914 Posts
Sage wags her tail when she dreams. Silly dog.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I do think it rather odd that you love a dog you walk for 2 hours the week the same as your very own dog...and your dog is not even listed in your signature line :(.
I agree. If the love was poured into his own dog it would be great.

@jocoyn

If you were to ask Lobo himself he would say, "He is my best friend and makes me the most happiest GS on earth." Next to his owners I am his favorite friend! ....
...Whenever I think of world ending I go see Lobo in my dreams to see him one last time. Meaning the one thing on earth that matters to me the most next to my parents is Lobo and Riley. The one last thing I feel Lobo too is he and I for our last sight. He is seeing that I am respecting his wishes and loving me more and more. Our bond will never cease to stop growing!
No offense, but your posts Lobobear are starting to sound really unhealthy. You have no way of predicting what he'd say if dogs could talk, you just can't. Why do you think of the world ending?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think Fleury dreams, we joke that he does anyway when he starts barking in his sleep. We often say he's dreaming of wool socks, chasing bunny rabbits and a pool full of liver treats.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I know Ossie used to dream a lot. He ran a lot in his sleep too. He was very vocal on occasion; yapping and yipping throughout some sleep periods.

I haven't seen this from Lisl yet.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@
mego

I think this is kind of a misunderstanding, but yeah of course who knows what dogs would say if they could talk. Would they give criticism lectures? I am more cautious with Lobo nowadays and respect his wishes not the affection I want to give him but what he wants. So hugging, face nearing, kissing, etc I do not do it with him. Like owner said he won't mind a quick hug or kiss but yeah. I only let him come up to me kiss hug or whatever he wants to do. Of course he loves his owners and I are his world although of course more keen to his owners but I am next in line. I understand yes our relationship may not be as healthy anymore so the dynamics in our relationship needs to change. Lobo and I are still good friends and love spending time, but he is not my dog. If he was my dog than things might've been different. It was hard for me to realize that Lobo grew up from his puppy hood to adult hood. But that is like a parent aunt or uncle realizing their son, nephew, or niece whatever has grown up and does not like hugging, kissing, etc. For Riley my own dog who is a very playful sweet most affection not an aloof side to him cuddly hyper energetic he is 4 and acts like 6 months which is great!

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Lobobear44 I can understand your relationship with him. I babysat Ivan(GSD) for a friend for a week. I feel in love with him and he with me. He is why I have Fiona now. But make sure that you put your dog first. I love Ivan, but I love Fiona just a tiny bit more.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@Cheyanna

Yeah I admit I love Riley a tiny bit more than Lobo. Riley does not have a mean bone or aloof bone in his body. He sees some of my friends and gives them kisses but never me kisses except once in a while. Does not even give my parents kisses! But he still a lovable the most wanting affectionate dog in history. Got to remember Lobo does not want to get too much affection just some.

·
Banned
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also my dog never grows up either from puppy hood unlike most dogs which is a good thing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts