German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a show on tv last night. Called Dogs 101.

The GSD was the first up in this show.

Said the GSD was second up to the Rottie as far as bite strength goes.
They are loyal, and great protectors.

Clearly on the Police force they are picked because of how easy to train, recall, and bite force.

They showed an officer in a custom Kevlar suit. Dog was able to get a few teeth marks through to the officer.

As a family pet, they are very sweet. Excellent around children. Anyone in their "pack" they allow tugging on the ears, rough play and protection.

Shedding.. They said anywhere you look you'll find a peice of hair lol

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Saw a show on tv last night. Called Dogs 101.

The GSD was the first up in this show.

Said the GSD was second up to the Rottie as far as bite strength goes.
They are loyal, and great protectors.

Clearly on the Police force they are picked because of how easy to train, recall, and bite force.

They showed an officer in a custom Kevlar suit. Dog was able to get a few teeth marks through to the officer.

As a family pet, they are very sweet. Excellent around children. Anyone in their "pack" they allow tugging on the ears, rough play and protection.

Shedding.. They said anywhere you look you'll find a peice of hair lol
Re: Shedding. I expected dog hair on my clothes and on the carpet. What I didn't expect was dog hair on my kitchen counter, range and in my food!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Re: Shedding. I expected dog hair on my clothes and on the carpet. What I didn't expect was dog hair on my kitchen counter, range and in my food!

Hehe I find it in my fridge and freezer also. Last night I was eating some left overs and found some Brody hair. I said to my husband " I wonder how much of his hair I have actually eaten " :)

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I just bought season one from iTunes to watch on my ipad Watched the one on the GSD dog, but I was very tired and fell asleep and missed a lot.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
This is SO funny to me! My family (and nearly all my friends) just don't understand... My match.com ad says "must absolutely love dogs- I have a shedding GSD!" :crazy:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
...when I had to put down my last GSD, I remember when I vacuumed or swept the floors I thought..."wow...my house isn't very dirty anymore". Then when I got my new puppy and she got her adult coat in...I asked myself..."why didn't I get a dog that didn't shed"! ;) LOL...but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Its so wonderful to have a GSD back in the family!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I brought my computer to work for our IT guy to look at it. He pulled off the case and there was a TON of dog hair in it. He says...."I suppose you can tell why you are having problems...."

·
Super Moderator
5,388 Posts
I bought a pair of grey sweatpants for my boyfriend the other day, specifically because I knew the grey wouldn't show the dog hair as bad. When I handed them to him I said, "these are GSD undercoat grey". LOL.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Isn't that why they call it 'fur'niture??
Groan....

(Why is it that dogs so, so desire a place on the sofa? That is the first place Shasta heads when she escapes Mommy's clutches and finds her way to the man cave.)

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I have hair everywhere, I'm surprised I don't have it on my new purse yet I may just have to rub it on Dodger just so I can feel like I'm completely dressed lol. You guys should have seen me on Christmas Eve trying not to get dog hair on my black dress. Every time Dodger came near me I had to shove him away with my foot poor puppy all he wanted was some love or to share his fur with me because he didn't think I was dressed up enough haha.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I can't tell you how much dog hair I pulled out of the Christmas cookie dough (who knows how much I didn't notice :eek:) Don't tell!!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I can't tell you how much dog hair I pulled out of the Christmas cookie dough (who knows how much I didn't notice :eek:) Don't tell!!!
haha I made brownies the other day and my mom is eating one and all of a sudden she stops chewing an pulls out one of Dodgers hair!!!! :eek: I swear I didn't have any on me when I wan making them I swear!! Luckily that was the only piece that had dog hair in it ick :sick:

·
Registered
485 Posts
I need to stick to dark food! It hides the hair so much better :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I need to stick to dark food! It hides the hair so much better :rolleyes:
:rofl: I made a marble swirl cake today (I'm apparently in a baking mood) and I stood there for probably ten minutes picking dog hair out of my batter I'm almost positive I got it all out guess I'll find out later.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Last night my DH made shakenbake pork chops. I opened the oven and the first thing that I saw was one of Kacie's kinked fuzz! I took it out before anyone else could see, or they wouldn't have eaten it...my sons free-loading friends, should have just served it!

·
Registered
12,442 Posts
I very much dislike that show. A lot of what they present is done to support a specific opinion, rather than actual fact.

I know there was a member on here who knows the Dalmatians featured in the show on Dalmatians, and they asked the owner to have the dogs, who are very well trained and, if memory serves, competing in obedience on a national level, pull on the leashes to get a nice close-up, but then used it on the show to explain how Dalmatians are hard to train in obedience and stubborn.

In the show on Airedales, they featured an Airdale "therapy dog" that was wearing the yellow tag of Therapy Dogs International, visiting an old folks' home wearing a choke chain and being fed treats throughout the visit - both things that are not allowed under TDI's guidelines. The same show had a Chihuahua "Service Dog" for which they showed his/her "ID card", which was one of the fake cards sold by the SARA registry, one of those fake Service Dog registries.

I don't expect anything else on Dogs 101 to be more factual.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts