German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure this is a health problem but seemed to be the logical place to ask. My dog barks a lot, I've posted it before. He seems to me to get excited easily and he barks. What I've notice recently hiking and around the house though is that he barks at things that are far away. For example we'd been hiking and he and my other dog stopped to smell something and I kept walking, he was probably 80 feet away and he lifted his head and saw me and started barking almost like he didn't recognize me. As he got closer he stopped barking.

Today, I was backing out of the garage and the door wouldn't shut and I see my dogs tail move in front of the vehicle. Someone left the gate open and he was in the front yard. I get out of the pickup to let him in the house and he looks at me and barks like he's afraid. So to see what he would do I stomped and he took off running behind the other car. As soon as I called his name he came out and whined like he was really happy to see me.

I'm wondering if I need to get his eyes checked. The look healthy but it's just weird that he did that this morning.

He's 7months now.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Sounds like a fear stage. They go thru stages and act wierd. My girl is 8 months old and I'd like to get her hearing tested at times. Just keep an eye on him, no pun intended.

·
Registered
537 Posts
We suspect Bella has poor vision in one of her eyes. I know she can see, and we have spent a great deal of $$$ this year with her, I can't see using corrective doggie contacts at this point.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like a fear stage. They go thru stages and act wierd. My girl is 8 months old and I'd like to get her hearing tested at times. Just keep an eye on him, no pun intended.
Ha no pun but still kind've funny. I'm hoping it's just a fear stage he's been acting a little different lately not coming when I call as good as even a month ago and some other little things. So hopefully that's all it is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts