German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Gunther to the Dog Park for the first time. :) I was a little nervous at first because three dogs just zoomed straight over to him but he did really well :) just let them sniff him. The only time he had an issue was when an intact dog decided he wanted to hump him :crazy: but he didn't growl or bite, he just stood there with his tail between his legs :(. Thankfully between the dogs owner and me we got the offensive dog to stop. The three dogs ended up leaving before getting a chance to play in the off leash area but I played fetch with him and he loved it :) definitely going to have to repeat it (minus my dog getting that unwanted physical attention from that other dog:blush:) :) and I got him to come when called to leash him back up and go home :D I know I can mostly trust his recall but it was what I was really worried about so I'm super happy he enjoyed himself and had fun meeting new pups :wub:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I am glad he had a great time. Lots of folks are against doggie parks. I used to take Fiona, but the last time we went, she would not obey my commands. The trainer said she was learning to defy me. So no more doggie parks, at least until she is fully trained.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am glad he had a great time. Lots of folks are against doggie parks. I used to take Fiona, but the last time we went, she would not obey my commands. The trainer said she was learning to defy me. So no more doggie parks, at least until she is fully trained.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I'm more comfortable with him on a leash so it'll be kind of a treat on nice days to go to the dog park (unless it has more than 4 dogs) :) I just wanted him to experience friendly dogs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts