German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I've made 3 batches of human ice cream in my ice cream maker and I must say that Joy the Baker's Dark Chocolate Sorbet is wicked good!

Now I must find an ice cream recipe that can go in the ice cream maker for the doggies.
Anyone have any tried & true recipes?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm afraid the honey would "bee" too sticky...

Is there such thing as goat's heavy cream? If that were the case I have a recipe that would be perfect, but it calls for Heavy Cream & I know cow's milk would be a bad choice.

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Might be good without the honey though. Can you make ice cream with yogurt? (Might be a dumb question I have never made yogurt before)

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It should be an ice cream/frozen yogurt machine..
I bought it 2nd hand & don't have the booklet...

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
Well you could always try it and find out. Plain yogurt and a yummy add in.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to try a few things anyway & if I'm successful I will post them for you guys!

·
Registered
10,216 Posts
First time I made Rocky frosty paws I was carrying them down in ice cube trays to the big freezer. I decided on the way past to see if the boys wanted to taste it. Once they all tasted it, I told them they were frosty paws, Rocky treats. I have never seen kids turn green so fast. LMAO

I dont have an ice cream maker but if you find a combo I can do in ice cube trays, please post it.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
like a ding dong I forgot to put the ice cream tub in the freezer to freeze overnight, so I will try again tomorrow!

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Re: Doggie Ice Cream Recipe MADE ONE!!

What kind of a ice cream maker is it?I have one that you have to freeze the container so we might have the same one,if so I can give you some recipes from the book for human ice cream.Can dogs not have milk??

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Doggie Ice Cream Recipe MADE ONE!!

Cuisinart--2 qt, CIM-60

I heard cows milk was bad/allergy for dogs, somewhere on here before...
One of mine seems to be allergic to beef, so taking no chances.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts