German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got back from a week's vacation. Stella went to a doggie day care that she has been to for half day visits. I don't think I have ever had a welcome like hers when I picked her up. She literally screamed with excitement. Never heard such a sound before. Now we will see if she remembers any of the training we have been working on, after running amuck all week!

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
They usually get back to the old routine very quickly.I am glad she was in good spirits when you picked her!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i think she'll be back to par in no time at all and that's
if she's a little off. please post and let us know how
she reacts after being home.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
We just got back from a week's vacation. Stella went to a doggie day care that she has been to for half day visits. I don't think I have ever had a welcome like hers when I picked her up. She literally screamed with excitement. Never heard such a sound before. Now we will see if she remembers any of the training we have been working on, after running amuck all week!
Hahaha! Bear did the same thing when we picked him up after only 4 days! I was really glad that I chose to wear long pants when I picked him up!
I was really worried that he would be a little unruly, but he settled in almost right away. I'm sure Stella will be fine:)

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
We really try to be very consistant with dogs at my job, and very structured. We don't do training, but do expect dogs to sit for their food bowls without launching into whoever is presenting. Basic manners, recall and leave it. That's about it.
But, there is NOTHING like the re-uniting process of a GSD with their people. NOTHING.
Heck, we had a foster that is a GSD/Jindo mix that has been adopted in a great home and you should hear him when he gets picked up. Oi Vey!
And he was in pretty bad shape when he first came to us. He knew nothing but kindness and good food. (from us, he was a yard dog)
*maybe he's still mad about that "little operation"*

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup. Stella just went right back into life as usual. Maybe following me a little more than usual. But otherwise, back to normal....even the not so great normal things she did!!! For me it was a good break. Dealing with her dog reactivity was wearing me out. I feel refreshed and better able to deal with it should it arise. (which I am sure it will)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts