German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if any one else is ordering food from dogfooddirect.com ,just wanted to say the shipping is cheap and fast service!it usually takes ony 2 days to get my dog food.

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
Speaking of ordering food online....

I've had to rotate some of Max's food, so, for the first time in *years*, I am feeding dog food. I don't have any good source of alternative proteins like rabbits and venison. I feed homecooked, but I'm rotating in, for breakfast, some EVO canned. So I'm feeding bunnies and bambi.....no chicken, turkey, lamb, or beef need apply.

And that stuff is $$$$$. The two average to nearly $3 a can. I'm looking for other brands that have nearly all protein, and also any online sources that might be cheaper in the long run.

I haven't yet looked at the site above, but wanted to gather any input before I went looking.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I have used PFD and their sister company nationalpetpharmacy.com (same products but with more medical supplies). I try to order before I'm running especially low since in my experience it takes 3 or 4 business days for them to actually ship the order out, but once they do it arrives within a day or two.

The prices are very reasonable from my experience, for example, before grain is $42 for 25 lb on their site. When I was looking for it in local stores they would have to special order it for me and estimated it to be around $55 for the same size bag. They frequently send out e-mails with 15-22% off discounts which will usually off set the shipping cost and then some.

The only thing that drives me crazy is I'd like to order some cow treacheas (yum?) because Mollie just loves them, but they only sell them in a $50 case of 20 or so, so instead I just got bully sticks this time around.

·
Registered
671 Posts
oops I should clarify, I get PFD and DFD mixed up all the time, I've never used DFD.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts