German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen that Cesar has his own dog food line out now? Very expensive...17lbs for $37.00
Dog Whisperer Kibble

Quote:Organic Chicken, Chicken Meal, Organic Barley, Organic Peas, Organic Oats, Organic Brown Rice, Chicken Fat preserved with Mixed Tocopherols (a natural source of Vitamin E), Natural Chicken Liver Flavor, Brewers Dried Yeast, Salmon Meal, Dried Eggs, Organic Apple, Organic Whole Flaxseed, Organic Carrots, Dicalcium Phosphate, Potassium Chloride, Salt, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Cobalt Proteinate, Calcium Iodate), Choline Chloride, Vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Vitamin B12 Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Niacin, Riboflavin, Folic Acid, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Yeast Culture (Saccharomyces Cerevisiae), Dried Enterococcus Faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus Niger Fermentation Extract, Dried Trichoderma Longibrachiatum Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract and Fermentation Solubles.
Quote:Crude Protein (min) 26.00%, Phosphorus (min) 0.90%, Crude Fat (min) 13.00%, Glucosamine (min) 150 mg/kg*, Crude Fiber (max) 3.50%, Chondroitin Sulfate (min) 75 mg/kg*, Moisture (max) 10.00%, Omega 6 Fatty Acids (min)...2.00%*, Calcium (min) 1.00%, Omega 3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.28%*
Jen

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
WHA? for those of you who know more about it, how does this compare to similiarly priced brands?

·
Registered
669 Posts
emoore, that's so true and they aren't even $2/lb

I guess its all that organic business

I bet he'd fit in the bag, I'd sure pick him up

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally Posted By: BrightelfFor that price, HE had better be in the bag!!
Or better yet, our dogs will be perfectly trained after just one bite..

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Originally Posted By: Luca_stlWell, it is "perfectly presented in a unique heart shaped kibble."
Gimme some!!!!!

Natural Balance is better food.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally Posted By: mjb03the guy is no dummy. Make money while the sun shines.
This is true...

Actually the food is not bad, I just would not spend $72.00 for 36lbs as that is how much I would have to buy every 2 weeks..Plus I've seen better ingredients for less...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Originally Posted By: mjb03the guy is no dummy. Make money while the sun shines.
I read one of his books and thought it was pretty motivating... but now i just feel duped! I guess he's "buying" into American consumerism. Too bad, with his influence/ image i would have hoped he would have given back to rescues with the profits or something?

·
Registered
27,244 Posts
I saw at PetCo a lifesize Cesar advertisement~right when you walk in the door, promoting upcoming line of nutrition and motivational training items (toys)for dogs...He does know how to market!

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Not surprised. He is also on QVC with stuffed toys that come with a video 'to show you how to play with your dog.'

The man is a marketing genius.

Not much new to show in the training area - just in the right time and the right place.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally Posted By: onyx'girlI saw at PetCo a lifesize Cesar advertisement~right when you walk in the door, promoting upcoming line of nutrition and motivational training items (toys)for dogs...He does know how to market!
Yep, no doubt about that!

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Actually, he proabably pays someone else to market him.

I saw the Petco thing too. I go through about 90 pounds of food a month YIKES!!!!

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Actually I think it is excellent that a quality food with those ingredients and probiotics will be available at Petco regardless of who's picture is on the bag.

What is wrong with people making money anyway?

Ellen has also bought 1/2 of Spots Stew which is also available at PetCo.

I just see it as more to choose from.

Cherri

1 - 20 of 43 Posts