German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case someone here has not heard of it, we bought the doggy water fountain which is a big inverted blue bowl with a little pump inside. The water bubbles out the top and runs down the side to be collected in the stand.

I cannot tell you how much time and work this saves. Lizzie LOVED to drag her water dish around and play with it, spilling water everywhere. Our bulldog liked to try to sit in his! Needless to say, we mopped every day.

I really, really like this fountain. It has filters and is easy to refill and clean. It is so heavy no dog will drag it around and they drink lots more water with it. It holds about 5 gallons.
Here is the link if anyone wants to look
Dogit Waterer | PetSolutions

Little dogs drink off the side while the big ones drink out of the top.:laugh:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we got it for 99 and let me tell you the stress and cleaning we have saved is worth every penny. And we find that the dogs drink a lot more. And it is always clean water due to the filters that are included.

·
5,627 Posts
How long have you had it?

I tried this bowl for a few months but found it was hard to keep clean in the long run just like any other bowl. Hair would still get in it and clog up the filter and pump.

I had two cats and two dogs using it (the cats also had another bowl). I prefer ones that I don't have to take apart to clean.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
we have had it for a while. We clean it when we fill it up and we have had no problems. I know there are lots of different kinds out there on the market. I wish we could just go with a regular dog bowl but our two just wouldn't cooperate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts