German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog vomiting - Parvo???? Help

hello, im new on here, so i donrt realy no were to go. i got up this morning to find my 7 month old german shepherd has diarrear. and there was blood in it. im affraid he may have parvo. do you no of anything else it could be

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help franky.

hi all. im new on here, and i wandered if anyone could help me. my 7 month old puppy franky, has been sick , clear and he has passed blood, could this be signs of bloat.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts
Re: Dog vomiting - Parvo???? Help

First welcome to the Board.

Is your pup current on all Vaccinations?

How is you pup other than the Diahrrea?

This isn't something you want to just ignore, but it could be a couple of things.

Did you pup eat some thing that was unusal, some thing it shouldn't have?

How much blood in the stool, was it bright red or more black tar looking?

Val

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

im now taking franky to the vet. i think its 1 of 2 things. BLOAT OR PARVO. i will let u no how we get on . thanks for replying.xx

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

I think you did the right thing by taking your pup to the vet, bloat and parvo are serious illnesses and IMO need vet treatment ASAP. Good luck with your pup, hope he gets better!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its not parvo thank goodness.

just got back from the vets, its not parvo or bloat. my silly pup has been eating stones. got to take franky back tomorrow.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Re: its not parvo thank goodness.

O thank goodness. I will be praying for you and the pups

·
Banned
15,195 Posts

this is really easy to figure out. when your dog is sick you go to the Vet or the Animal Emergency before posting on the forum.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Re: its not parvo thank goodness.

Yeah! Now, just keep him from eating those stones, and you'll be set!

·
Registered
2,982 Posts

I would do both. I find it extremely helpful to have some idea what I may be getting myself into, knowing what type of questions to ask and possibly passing on new info to other members what I have learned, either good or bad so other members can learn from it.

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

I'm so glad you took your puppy to the vet!!! Eating stones can be just as dangerous as parvo or bloat. Hope he's feeling better soon!!!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts

From personal experience I can say that rock removal is not cheap!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts

what i mean is get your dog to the Vet or the Emergency before posting what should i do. while you're there posting on the forum you could be taking your dog in for help. get your dog to the Vet or Emergency and then post. i don't understand how people don't know they should take their dog to the Vet or Emergency when something is wrong.
Originally Posted By: DHauI would do both. I find it extremely helpful to have some idea what I may be getting myself into, knowing what type of questions to ask and possibly passing on new info to other members what I have learned, either good or bad so other members can learn from it.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

doggiedad, I do not take my dog(s) to the Vet every thime they get diahrrea or even if there is a blood in the stool.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts

you know more about dogs than i do. if i see a bump, blood, blinks to many times off to the Vet we go. i think i'm a little to paranoid when it comes to my dogs health. in the middle of the night if i think their panting to hard i have to turn on the light and check on them. i think i need to be committed to one of those How To Live With A Dog Rehabs.
Originally Posted By: Wisc.Tigerdoggiedad, I do not take my dog(s) to the Vet every thime they get diahrrea or even if there is a blood in the stool.

·
Registered
15,138 Posts

There are some big clues on when to go to a Vet and when not to. Maybe it comes from the fact that I have had dogs all my life, I have had multiple dogs for more years than I want to think about. So I am ever vigilant and have learned what is an emergency and what can wait a day or so for a regular appointment or what to do at home to fix the problem.

Honestly I don't take the health of my pets lightly, because they can't walk up to you and say HEY I have a belly ache or a sore leg or what ever.

Val

1 - 17 of 17 Posts