German Shepherds Forum banner

Dog stuck at the airport-> anyone else have experience flying dogs?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  LifeofRiley 
#1 ·
Nova is flying with an amazing volunteer to get from the rescue to me...however her flight kept being delayed, and delayed, and delayed and now its been cancelled :c She's been in transport for over 11 hours now. They are trying to switch flights/figure out another plan now.

Does anyone know if people in baggage keep an eye on the animals? The volunteer can check on her, but can't be with her.

I'm so worried and the poor volunteer has been up for over 24 hours flying to meet her/flying with her.

#3 ·
Wow thats crazy! I hope Nova is ok and isnt freaking out too much thats a long time to sit in a kennel... I know they give the dog water but how often Im not sure... Hope a flight gets figured out soon! Keep us posted

#5 ·
SUCCESS! Nova has made it! At 4 am we started the desperate campaign of calling everyone we knew, to call everyone they knew, to try and find someone that lived in the province she was stuck in. She was going to be sent back to the rescue which would have been two more flights...and we didn't want that.

Magically through a chain of people we found someone that was able to get her in just in time before her volunteer's plane back home left. There was another long series of mishaps and drama but long story short, she made it on another plane :). She was almost 24 hours delayed...but she arrived safe and sound.

#6 ·
Durzo was flown from MO to us in AZ. His flight was delayed ad well.
He arrived 24 hours after he was suppose to.
He was kept in Texas during his delay. .
As far as I know he was very well cared for.
Usually, if the airport doesnt have on site kennels, they board them at a near by kennel (at least that's what I've been told).

-just realized you posted an update..sorry! Lol
Glad Nova is home & safe :)
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.