German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Reminds me of the movie with Richard Gere ... Hachi ! True story of a man and his dog. :cry:

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
I just watched Hachi Saturday night...the loyalty these canines have is unmatched!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ah that Hachi movie! I HATE IT! But I love the theme song by Thelma Aoyama.

That movie is a ridiculous retelling of the story, and it's not the way it went. The dog was in Japan, the professor was Japanese, and this happened in the 20s. The dog went with him every day to the station and waited for him, that much is true. It's also true that the professor died at school, and the dog continued to go there and wait for him every single day for TEN YEARS. The family tried to contain him and then rehomed him, but he kept escaping and going back, so they gave up. He became so famous that people came from all around to see him, and he was found dead one day at the station. An autopsy revealed his stomach was full of yakitori sticks, people were feeding him human food. Very sad.

There is a statue of Hachi at that train station, it's a very popular place for teens to meet for dates, lol, "meet me at the Hachiko statue!"

Anyway, I hate that movie, it's inaccurate, dark and depressing, horribly acted and ruins the most beautiful dog loyalty story I've ever heard, in my opinion. I recommend watching the old 70's Japanese movie about the story, much better. And true, lol.

Anyway, these stories are so sad... The poor dog must be so confused, and no one can explain it to him, it's heartbreaking. And the poor owner who died along with countless others, it's so tragic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts