German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lupa weighs 57 pounds for the second vet visit in a row! Yay! I've been trying to keep her weight low due to her arthritis and tripawed status.

I'll start with the shorter story first.

Lupa got into a tiff a few weeks ago with a white GSD mix my neighbors had recently rescued. They were nipping each others necks like siblings hitting each other on a long car ride. They appeared to say, "Get away; you're annoying! " "No, you're annoying!" "No, you!" Anyway, I told Lupa to heel. SHE DID!!! I talked to my neighbor a few minutes and Lupa completely ignored the other 2 dogs as though nothing happened. :happyboogie:

My fiance obtained a stray stadforshire terrier or mix thereof in December. He named her Banshee because she would never whine when left alone, but would scream and make all sorts of wierd noises.

DEFINITE BRAG- Banshee is learning to sit for attention rather than jump. Her natural inclination is to run up to any human and jump on them and bite them. She still uses her mouth to greet, but she's not biting and she will sit for attention if the first jump or 2 is ignored. She is consistently sitting when she greets me. She learned "sit" in a day. She is learning "heel" and "come." She has the highest pain tolerance of any dog I've ever seen, not caring if she gets kicked when walking under your feet or bitten by Lupa or accidentally shot by an airsoft gun, which she didn't seem to to notice at all anyway. She has one of the best temperaments of any dog and has great self confidence in new situations. I just wish she's stop jumping on Lupa!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Wooo!!!! Congrats on everything!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts