German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How on earth do you keep a carpeted apartment from smelling like dog? I just recently moved to a bigger apartment that has carpet, the last place had no carpet whatsoer so the smell wasn't that noticeable. I vacuum every other day but I can still smell the hint of dog. I am mainly concerned as well because I don't want guests to think it stinks in my apartment. I bathe my dogs twice a month as well so they aren't really dirty. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
you should be able to find an eco-friendly carpet deodarizer you can use i believe weekly and that should help as well. Also investing in Febreeze would help or some lysol spray for the air. Both would nuatralize the dog scent in the air.

·
Super Moderator
32,038 Posts
Have your carpets professionally cleaned once or twice a year. We use Stanley Steemer, and the price is very reasonable, especially considering that they move all the furniture for you. A regular clean makes a big difference, but they also offer a deodorizer on top of that for an additional fee.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Make sure the beds are really clean. Dog beds tend to start to stink pretty quick, and usually as soon as we wash the beds, the smell decreases by a ton! If you are planning on having guests over and are worried about smell, you better get some Slatkin 3-wick candles from bath and body works. I have a huge stash in my cupboards and they seem to cover up pretty much any type of smell and start to work in literally just a few minutes. When I combine clean dogs, clean dog beds/crates, regular cleaning, and candles, it's pretty much not noticeable at all in our house (and the "dog room" is carpeted)!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts