German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a first time dog owner. I live in a house with carpet and apparently( I personally don't smelled anything) my house smells like dog. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can minimize the smell. The weather in Chicago has been crazy we have rain one day and a beautiful sunny day the next.

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
I use an air purifier as well as those scent dispenser that automatically spritz spray ever so often. Besides that I've found that mopping the floors and vacuuming more has eliminated the odor in my house. I usually use some type of carpet fresh when I vacuum. You could also try letting more fresh air come into the house as well.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
fabrieze? maybe it's the humidity that makes the smell come out more. I have not been told my house smells like dog or cat, but we have very dry heat.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Another thought - instead of just dog smell, could it be the diet?

Woolf can't eat fish based kibble unless we want the house smelling like fish. So we switched to chicken, my lab started the paw chewing, ear scratching, dandruff thing, so once again switched foods, issues with the lab cleared up. Suddenly we realized Woolf was smelling a whole lot fresher. The odor was subtle, guess we just got used to it and didn't smell it until we changed foods and the odor had disappeared.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts