German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I know. Weird. Since when does NBC air dog shows?

Still, USA's coverage of Westminster is better. They don't pick and choose what dogs to film in the group.

And it's probably JMO but that Pug looked fat. Not stocky, but fat.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
There are a number of breeds that are always shown obese. Have you seen the labs or the rotts yet? While there are also dogs shown emaciated? Just wait until you see the GSDs; they are skeletal. Neither of these conditions are healthy and I just don't get why they are shown like that.

I will have to go and turn this on.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
The GSD came in 3rd in the herding group. Hockwalker, looked unnatural while gaiting. He has a nice head though...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Originally Posted By: ElaineThere are a number of breeds that are always shown obese. Have you seen the labs or the rotts yet? While there are also dogs shown emaciated? Just wait until you see the GSDs; they are skeletal. Neither of these conditions are healthy and I just don't get why they are shown like that.

I will have to go and turn this on.
I remember watching Westminster a couple years ago. The yellow lab in the group ring all but rolled down on the down and back. When they came back to the judge and stopped the rolls kept rolling. So disgusting.

The black in the BIS line up now is no where near that bad.

I would have liked to see the Tibetan Mastiff entry. Oh well.

·
Registered
849 Posts
I paid the cable bill just in time to see the toys, which are not my favorite. Missed the rest, darn.
I agree the pug looked down right fat.

"Hockwalker".... lol

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Check your listings over the next couple weeks, last year our local cable ran the program several times (different channels) but odd hours; program just started here.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Originally Posted By: AltoOMG the pyrenean shepherd was awful

Just saw "Hockwalker"
Didn't see that one. What was off? Its quality or behavior?

Ugh, and just what has this started? I just had to start watching WKC's 2009 show.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
It just was far from being an outstanding representation of the breed so I went from being ver exited to ugh

behavior wasn't notably any worse than alot of other dogs there: the tail tucked non-confident ones - I was disappointed at how many dogs were in this category.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts