German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,958 Posts
Lisa wrote,
"Another dog that I liked, but don't see very often because of his hip ratings is Grischa Schwarzen Milan. One, the dog was gorgeous, but something I saw in his direct kids and grandkids was heart. These dogs never quit."
I concur with you Lisa, I liked this dog quite a bit also. Very strong dog with heart of Lion. Very clearheaded. He did not have best hips and would throw this element into progeny if bred to weak hipped female(either themself or history). But when he was bred to strong hip producing females with good nerve the results were fantastic. For some of you newbies wanting to learn pedigrees, google the "B litter Cega".....one of the great breedings of all time. I would have taken an Aly Vordinsteinwald progeny (probably granddaughter) in a minute. Thanks, Lisa!!!

· Registered
4,958 Posts
Right now, I am very impressed with Vox von der kine. This dog is turning into a super producer or working dogs and dogs with nice structure. Being out of Manto vom Kalenbach, his sire line is impeccable genetically. Manto was probably Lord v Gleisdreick's best son in terms of production. This goes back to Manto's dam Julia in conjunction with Lord. An added bonus is Lord's very strong hip production and ability to pass strong hunt drive and tracking skills.
On the dam side Vox's goes back to Cent au Sat, who was brother to Cordon au Sat. Cordon was sire to Tom z PS and known for producing good social aggression with stable nerves.
For the hardcore working person look up the dog Greif aus der Konigshohle, very strong dog. Or how about the D litter Konigshohle, that has 4 males that are Sch 111, including 2 V rated and a World competitor. Or maybe you would like Apo vom Schopperweg, another strong working dog.
For the conformation addict, how about Aron vom Weinbergblick, or Mic von der Kine. Mac von der Kine is very nice also though a little long.
All in all I think this dog is and has made a tremendous contribution to the breed recently. He produces sport and working dogs,and structure and that is a rarity these days.

· Registered
4,958 Posts
Forgive me for an error above. Too many pedigrees in my head. Vox's dam side does not go to Cent au Sat...his mother Kim is a Troll daughter out of an Ork von Wolfendobel daughter. (Maybe even better!!) The D litter konigshohle is the ones with Cent au Sat on the dam side and Vox as sire. Sorry!!

· Registered
4,958 Posts
Yes, I do have a female that has Sven on both sides. Sven was like any other dog in that he meshed with some dogs and others he didn't, Obviously, the Sven x Sindy breeding presented some problems. Other breedings he did were fine as per the dogs he sired in my females pedigree that didn't have those problems.
People need to understand that the Czech dogs and the DDR dogs need to be bred out for genetic vitality. But many can't do it because they hooked on Heads and black sables and Whatever!! Same mentality as others that have gone down the mental degeneration trail. My DDR will not be bred to a DDR males as long as I have her. That was not my intent...but there are some nice DDR traits that need to be blended into other lines with different strengths.JMO

· Registered
4,958 Posts
I don't know what to elaborate on???.....The Grafental lines are typical of the DDR of the past 15 years. I'm sure you may run into some noise sensitivity or softness depending on what else is in the pedigree besides the Grafental dogs. :confused:

· Registered
4,958 Posts
The Sven/Sindy combination definitely didnot work out well. These dogs (DDR) should be bred out at this point to enlarge the genepool. For the laid back this is good with German showline, with the competitve, with West working or Czech. The line possesses some strong natural traits, like suspicion and hunt drive that other lines have all but eliminated.

· Registered
4,958 Posts
I see that Ajay Singh, of Patalia Kennels has brought Mac von der Kine into the country recently. Ajay is one of the most knowledgable people I have met on knowing both pedigrees and performance dogs. (He is a world competitor in his own right). On the proceeding page of this thread I commented on Vox von der Kine, and his son Mac von der Kine. I was not aware that Ajay was trying to bring this dog to the country, but I am glad to see genetics like this; here for use by us.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.