German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I brought my puppy home 3 days ago. He’s almost 8 weeks old now.
My problem is that he used to do no.2 within 30 minutes of eating like most pups do. But today morning he had his breakfast but didn’t do a poo.
He did do one 45 minutes after lunch but hasn’t gone yet almost 4 hours after dinner. Is this sudden change something to worry about?

·
Registered
44 Posts
You have only had them for three days. I’m not sure that is long enough to work out a puppy’s toilet routine. Especially with the upheaval of coming to a new home.

Do you feed them at the same time each day? My puppy doesn’t toilet at regular intervals. He goes sometime in the morning, sometime in the evening and sometime when we leave the house, though he is much older.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have only had them for three days. I’m not sure that is long enough to work out a puppy’s toilet routine. Especially with the upheaval of coming to a new home.

Do you feed them at the same time each day? My puppy doesn’t toilet at regular intervals. He goes sometime in the morning, sometime in the evening and sometime when we leave the house, though he is much older.
I feed him at the same time everyday. Up to now he’s been doing his business within 30 minutes but it’s changed suddenly. I expected this to happen when he’s older but 8 weeks feels a bit too young to only go once or twice a day

·
Super Moderator
9,204 Posts
did you change his diet from what the breeder had him on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts