German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I strongly believe that's why I've been waking up hot at night. I don't know for sure, since I haven't looked when I've woken up (not that it would matter, I couldn't see her even if I tried in the dark; gotta love black out curtains :D ). I now at one time she did because my vents would randomly be closed.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jerry Lee does it all the time his breeders told me when I picked him up that he likes them and I think like is an understatement.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine as well. I learned quickly that collars and tags are a huge no-no with floor vents.
My husband's cocker spaniel, that my husband had as a kid, got her tags stuck in the vent cover they had a heck of a time getting her out.

·
Registered
5,672 Posts
Mine as well. I learned quickly that collars and tags are a huge no-no with floor vents.
Very true--it's a strangulation accident waiting to happen. However, the Keep-Safe Breakaway Collar is designed for this situation (if the tags get caught in the vent, the dog can jerk away and the collar releases the dog). It's also a safe collar to use in a multi-dog household where the dogs rough-house and do the bite-the-neck-and-roll-around style of play.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ruki also loves the vents. If he hears the air turn on he will often run right to the nearest vent and lay down. And if the air isn't on he will sometimes try multiple vents to see if he can find one that is blowing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ive seen that before! not with my dogs (we dont have any floor vents in our house) but our friends have a little shihtzu (sp?) and she runs all around n plays ball so when she gets hot she sits on the vent haha so cute

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Yep, Ace makes a bee line for the floor vent when he comes in from outside. :laugh:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
We don't have floor vents, we have ceiling vents. However, my dogs will ALL lay under ceiling fans.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine to. Sleeps on the vent all the time.

Apenn-- I'm with you have found her walking around with the vent attached to her collor a couple of times.

·
Registered
646 Posts
mine loves to lay on the cold bathroom floor right by the vent in the wall by the floor...and that floor is so cold i have to put shoes on to walk on it..but he loves it

·
Registered
263 Posts
My Jerry Lee loves to lay with his head stuck under a chair in the living room (it has a vent behind it) whenever he's hot.

My family had a dachshund growing up and when we were visiting my grandmother in the winters she would hear the furnace starting up and run for the warmest vent in the house every time.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
320 Posts
Yes, Ava does this all the time. My other family dogs that we had growing up also did this, as did our family cat. (He was REALLY hilarious: he used to stretch out as long as he could make himself and press his belly right up against the vent. In fact, he and one of our family dogs used to have a little race to the family room vent in the morning. My cat figured out he could hide underneath the coffee table close to the vent, and then come pouncing out onto the dog to scare him away! :rofl:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts