German Shepherds Forum banner

Dog Kitchen Set Up - multiple dogs

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  Switchblade906 
#1 · (Edited)
I used to keep it in my kitchen during the winter months. Not sure where I am going to keep it this winter since it has grown so much due to boarding and the Sunroom is not heated. I thought about getting a space heater when it gets too cold, so i can still feed outside.. I have an extra table for the boarding dogs if need arises.

Anyhow, this is what it looks like. I have three to four different measuring cups and interestingly, hills cups are a different size than an iams cup. My dogs get a single cup that would translate into two iams cups etc..pp

I basically keep everything in one place. From Medication, to treats, to Shampoo and Dog Cologne, to left over food from previous dogs, extra leashes etc.
Room Major appliance Furniture Home appliance Shelf

Plastic Cooler

Product Prescription drug Shelf Room Plastic

Would love to see how your Set Up is, especially if you have 4 plus dogs. At times I have up to 13 dogs, so being organized is important, and I still feel that I can always improve. What you see in the pictures is basically just for my own four dogs. Am I the only that crazy?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

See less See more
#8 ·
Oh man, I need a set up like this! I've got four dogs and right now everything is on the main kitchen counter, lol! With the exception on the dog food, we have two big air tight containers, two because my GSD is picky and I often have to change his food around to get him to eat. I would love to have one central location for everything and hmm even have a spot in mind, just need to get a little cabinet to stick there... Thanks for giving me an idea!! :D

#11 ·
I tend to keep my dog essentials in two places: the dog room and my dog trailer's storage compartment.

Here are the trailer items. Mostly equipment for IPO, SV conformation equipment, grooming items, cleanup items (puppies - gotta love them!), emergency first aid, treats, emergency food, my boots, chair etc.
Back:

Left front boxes:

Right front boxes:

Need to get everyone fed - will post dog room a bit later! :)

#15 ·
Trailer: WT-Metall | Hundeanhänger
WT-Metall | Produkte

Safety, security, comfort, organization, temperature control, keeps my vehicle clean, able to transport other people, keeps all dog items in one place, and it is my on the go kennel. My dogs are comfortable, cool, and relaxed - not panting in the car and I don't need to scramble for shade at any event. Actually better for me to park in the sun to activate my solar panels! :)

I travel almost every weekend (shows, training, seminar, trial, whatever) - I can't bring 5 dogs into the hotel room with me (nor would I want to) - they stay locked in the trailer with temperature regulated via fans and cooling system in the summer and insulation in the winter.

#16 ·
I've got 4 dogs and I've got stuff spread out all over the place. They have a drawer in the laundry room for leashes/brushes and collars. I have a huge 50 gallon plastic trash bin with locking lid for their food also in the laundry room their cookies and glyco flex are in my pantry and their medicine are in my medicine cabinet in the kitchen.. They have a toy box on the floor in my living room and dog beds are in a short hall and in my bedroom. I have a couple of crates in my front room for them to retreat into if they so desire. I feed spread out too, one in the dining room, the two labs in the kitchen and one in my computer room. They also have a beenbag chair in my spa room and they help themselves to the futon in the front room. They are banned from all other furniture and my bed. LOL

They don't travel with us my kids come stay with them if we go somewhere which isn't often. They do come on day trips in the car or we will tie down their crates in the back of our pickup.

#17 ·
I've got 4 dogs and I've got stuff spread out all over the place. They have a drawer in the laundry room for leashes/brushes and collars. I have a huge 50 gallon plastic trash bin with locking lid for their food also in the laundry room their cookies and glyco flex are in my pantry and their medicine are in my medicine cabinet in the kitchen.. They have a toy box on the floor in my living room and dog beds are in a short hall and in my bedroom. I have a couple of crates in my front room for them to retreat into if they so desire. I feed spread out too, one in the dining room, the two labs in the kitchen and one in my computer room. They also have a beenbag chair in my spa room and they help themselves to the futon in the front room. They are banned from all other furniture and my bed. LOL

They don't travel with us my kids come stay with them if we go somewhere which isn't often. They do come on day trips in the car or we will tie down their crates in the back of our pickup.
That is an excellent idea. Especially when you get those 50 pounds bags and you always have 20 pounds left because the storage bins only take up to 30.

#25 ·
Would love to see how your Set Up is, especially if you have 4 plus dogs.
I do the feeding in the kitchen since I feed raw. The dogs have a small fridge that holds their defrosted food. I measure out everything on our kitchen island and then place the bowls in each dogs spot.

Grooming is done on the grooming table. If the weather is nice I do it outside. Otherwise, I have the table set up in our dining room. I have a tool box that I use for the dogs grooming stuff.

That's about it. :)

#27 ·
We put this in a couple years ago when we remodeled the "dog room". The dogs eat in their crates to prevent any squabbles or stealing and then come back out again. Since we feed raw I also like it contained in the crates and not on the floor, couch, bed (happened a couple times when someone decided to find a quiet spot to enjoy a chicken leg quarter... yuck!)

#28 · (Edited)
I have way too much pet stuff for it all to be in one place! I keep the dog food in a closet, have a kitchen drawer for some meds, and other places for other things.
I do have a sort of cabinet thing in the kitchen for cat food, it's a stand alone thing with double doors where I keep dry food/bowls/treats, then an open space above that where I put canned food, then a flat top where I have a mat with the food bowls the cats eat from and their water fountain.

If I ever finish moving my stuff out of the room that's off the kitchen. I might put in a chest freezer for raw food and make it into more of a pet room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.