German Shepherds Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Different issue but I have blankets on the couches and during this time of year there is three times the amount of shedding then usual. This is the second year the washing machine’s drain pipe got clogged with the shepherds dog hair and had a water overflow. When the washing machine does not drain right it is the dead give away before it flashes E 9 or whatever as the water splashes onto the floor. Always exciting things happening on top of exciting things.

As I vacuum I often run the vacuum over Max’s coat between brushing and of course nothing get sucked up only when it hits the ground. The hair is ridiculous now. If you see his coat it his gorgeous but so thick and so much more to go. I switched out to sheets on the couch as it easier to shake out. Black clothes are rough I like to Try those sheets and balls.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
I must be doing something wrong. I shake the clothes out before going in the dryer and use scent free bounce sheets. Maybe the odd hair on clean clothes but nothing excessive. I wipe the washer after every load and clean the dryers lint screen. I brush my dog as needed, and use a $50 Bissell upright vacuum every few days. Sometimes I run the wand over the dog because the weirdo likes it.
My clothes definitely get dog hair when I wear them, especially during dog building season, but no issues with the clean laundry.
Do remember though that it is not a meal nor an outfit without some dog hair, these are German Shedders.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Whiskey typically isn't allowed on the furniture so the blankets are not usually too bad. But if I ever do have something really hairy sometimes I take it out to the clothesline and use the high velocity dryer on it first. It does help, but he has such long hair that it actually seems to weave into the fabric so sometimes I end up picking it out by hand lol.

Sabis mom - Whiskey doesn't appreciate getting vacuumed but will put up with it. But he's still a weirdo - he LOVES his high velocity dryer, he does his "bum dance" bouncing around like he's getting bum scratches hahaha.
Wiping the washer is an idea, I wipe out the front of the drum when I see hair but haven't tried wiping inside it, I'll try it and see what I get, thanks!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have made years of commitment to dark clothing to offset the black cats and black shepherd. No carpet and every textile selection I make is with consideration to how badly it is going to hold the hair. Anti-static dryer sheets are my best friend, and so is the rubber-bristled push broom I bought. And then my dumb ass brought home a red and white double coated dog. POOF.. my whole existence is tainted with white fur now. Following along for more tips.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have made years of commitment to dark clothing to offset the black cats and black shepherd. No carpet and every textile selection I make is with consideration to how badly it is going to hold the hair. Anti-static dryer sheets are my best friend, and so is the rubber-bristled push broom I bought. And then my dumb ass brought home a red and white double coated dog. POOF.. my whole existence is tainted with white fur now. Following along for more tips.
LOL you sound just like me!! I looked for months for a carpet that was the right size and texture for under my computer chair, finally found one that doesn't collect hair! I also have a rainbow of colours in my household - White, grey, orange, brown & black... There's no winning so they are lucky that I love them so much haha

I will say that I'm seriously considering another set of furzappers, just watching for them to go on sale, they come out of the washer/dryer covered in hair. My robotic vacuum is also my best friend, it's like having a pet that actually helps out around the house haha

·
Registered
351 Posts
My robotic vacuum is also my best friend, it's like having a pet that actually helps out around the house haha
Brand and model please! I have been eyeballing these. Now that the corgi no longer leaves spite poops...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Brand and model please! I have been eyeballing these. Now that the corgi no longer leaves spite poops...
They are 100% worth the investment!!! Mine is the Eufy Robovac 11S. I've had it a couple years and it started making a loud noise when it ran so I contacted the company. It was out of warranty but they offered me a refurbished one for $60 so it's like having a brand new Mr Roboto, the company is great to deal with! I chose this model specifically because my last house still had carpet in the living room and it manages hard floor and carpet well. I think one day I will invest in something with mapping and an automatic empty bin; I have to empty it daily but it's easy to dump and comes with a little tool to cut the hair off of the beater brush so it's quick and easy. It also does a decent job of cleaning even though it doesn't map - it seems to travel everywhere and it will switch from following edges to bouncing around between walls. I vacuumed yesterday and immediately started Mr Roboto afterwards and he still had a half full bin of hair and dust when I emptied it; it goes under my furniture so I don't have to pull things out as often when I use the big vacuum.

I knew someone with a lower end Roomba too and prefer my Eufy. The Roomba was like a bulldozer and the Eufy is quieter and doesn't hit things as much haha. But watch out for those spite poops!! That's my worst nightmare. I usually just run it when I'm home doing housework etc so I can keep an eye on it, sometimes it eats things it's not supposed to lol.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts