German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to travel in July. A 650 mile trip with a 4 year old, almost 2 year old and.....the GSD puppy who will be 4 months old. There is no way we can do it in one day....so I need to stop at a hotel overnight.

I cant find a hotel that accepts dogs over 25lbs though. All the pet-friendly ones have a 25lb weight limit....and Ranger is 23lbs now!

Anybody know of an east coast hotel chain (actually probably central north carolina is where we'll most likely stop....Statesville, Greesnboro, Asheville areas) that accepts larger dogs? Do you think they'll let him in if I call and tell them he is crate trained and not left unsupervised out of his crate?

·
Registered
14,028 Posts

·
Registered
3,253 Posts

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
I agree, always verify a motel's pet policy when making a reservation. A lot of places claim to have the "25lb" pet limit will take GSDs - I've had enough luck finding places like this that I ignore the statement and call them anyway.

Have a great trip!!!

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Good point. I accidentally made a reservation at one of the few La Quintas that has a pet restriction - only 1 pet and under 25 pounds. I realized this at check in when I saw the sign, and told the person helping me. She checked with her manager and okayed it for me.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Remember to check about additional fees for cleaning the room etc. You don't want to be surprised with an extra $50 or $100 fee at checkout. Also be sure your room is close to whatever dog rest areas they have. The place I stayed in recently had us a building away from the potty area and walking at night through the dark parking area to get there was creepy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts