German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So mind you that he's only been with me a full day. But it seems like he doesn't cares for the dog food the breeder gave me. What's the best tasting dog food that you have had the best luck with. Seems like he maybe a picky eater. He eats it if I put soft food in it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
So mind you that he's only been with me a full day. But it seems like he doesn't cares for the dog food the breeder gave me. What's the best tasting dog food that you have had the best luck with. Seems like he maybe a picky eater. He eats it if I put soft food in it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
I would hold off on making any dietary changes for a few weeks. He's new to you and going through changes that can effect appetite. Be patient and give him some time to adjust to his new home before you start changing his diet.
My dog won't eat when she is stressed.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You have to slowly introduce him to a new food.
Over the years I think a lot of us stick to Fromm, there haven’t been any recalls and there are different formulas and they have loyal customers program.
That’s being said I also use raw Instinct- also have loyal customers program.
And Stella and Chewy dry freeze.
Not to mention all the bones..,

·
Registered
70 Posts
ummm - I've never tasted it. I agree a new situation can make a dog ignore food. And when you do change it, do it over several days a little at a time.

My dogs both eat Royal Canin for German Shepherds and do not complain. Seems to agree with their tummies better than anything else we tried.

·
Registered
717 Posts
My dog used to be a very picky eater but I found his holy grail of food: yoghurt. I mix his dry food with 2-3 tbs of plain full fat yoghurt, sometimes with canned food also. You can also try fish-based food, the fishy smell might help with your dog's appetite

1 - 6 of 6 Posts