German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:help:I am having the worst time trying to consolidate on any forms I go to figure out what will work best. At the most I get partial information. If anyone could help me, I am looking for a few recipes, want variate, for my 10 week old GSD. I am looking for a home cooked recipe or some pointers on RAW for allot of the links I am sent to are either no longer around or want 50 bucks for a service I don't even know if I will like. Helpful format:

What you call it:

How much does it cost you:

How much you feed your dog of it/how often:

Is it puppy safe:

Ingredients and brief directions, can be very brief if you do not feel like typing it I can edit it with my culinary background:

Additional info:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I know people do it, but I wouldn't feed a home prepared diet to a puppy without professional help as it's so hard to feed a complete and balanced diet to begin with and much harder to feed one to a puppy. I wouldn't feed a kibble that wasn't complete or balanced, so wouldn't do the same with home prepared. You only grow a puppy once and I would hate to screw that up.

I did feed raw to my puppy, but had a professional design his diet. It was adjusted almost every week in the very beginning while he was growing so fast and then not as often as he approached a year of age.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah that is the main thing I am looking at. I started her on 4Health puppy food, it has some good ingredients and doesn't cost more than what i feed myself which is often the only thing you can find.

Raw I am worried of some things they can ketch, I know they have a stronger belly acid but the way we raise animals in the US in not safe for ANYONE or ANYTHING for that matter.

She goes to the vets Monday and I am going to have a talk with them about it. As long as the first thing that comes out their mouth isnt Science Died I will listen.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also looking for more of a long term recipe or set of recipes for when she is over a year so that way I an plan ahead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts