German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info & recommendations on dog doors. We live in Vegas so it is hot and often windy. Want to install a double flap dog door to help keep the wind etc out. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,762 Posts

·
Registered
10,221 Posts
If it allows a GSD in and out, it will also be accommodating to people or wildlife. Many think that a GSD would not allow this but you'd be surprised. Are you planning to let the dog be in and out when you are gone?

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I have had a secure dog yard and a dog door for almost 25 years. No unwelcomed guests have ever come through the door.

My dog door is the Endura Flap. I’ve had it for about 12 years. It’s very very windy in Oklahoma, so I needed a door that wouldn’t blow open. The magnets are strong and the flap never opens on its own. It’s strong enough that my cats can’t open it.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We have the Larson Petview storm door. We took out our old screen door and installed that door in its place. Our dog learned to go in and out through the flap in about 15 minutes ( with help of cheese). When we go out, we close and lock all the doors. But our dog has access to yard all day when I work (from home) which is nice.

But whoa, this door got a lot more expensive since we bought it!!?
So for that price, there may be better options out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts