German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog Crate End Table - Pet Classics™

=) Just wanted to hear your thoughts on it.
Good idea?
Bad idea?
Just not for you?

Any commentary is welcome.
I think it could be nice -- especially since I'm getting an older dog who's less likely to CHEW IT TO BITS.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I think it looks good but I would worry about it being all wood. It is all wood that can be scarred and scuffed. The one CaseyGSD recommended would probably be better in case you have a chewer and wire crates allow better ventilation.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That one actually looks a lot better (in my opinion) and seems a bit more reasonable. =) thanks for the link!

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
I should advise, the price for the table is JUST the table part, you still need the midwest crate of correct size to go under it. For me the table part shipped first and when I put it together I found it to be a little unstable but that was just because the crate being under it gives it a lot of it's support, once the crate came and I put it under the table it's perfect...I also got the crate with 3 doors so I could put it long ways on the wall and still be able to open it...Ill try to take a pic for you later when I'm home...

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Turns out I had a few pics on my phone. Keep in mind
1. these were takens with my phone and
2. my room is in dark colors so it harder to see but it really does look nice!
This is also the largest size but my nightstand is huge so it looks smaller than it is but it's more than large enough for an adult GSD.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks great! I'll keep in mind that I also have to get a midwest crate!
What size did you order yours?

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
This is the table I have and it fits any of these crates

The 42” Classic Collection Heritage Series fits the following 42”crates from Midwest:
  • iCrate Single Door, Model Number: 1542
  • iCrate Double Door, Model Number: 1542DD
  • Life Stages® Single Door, Model Number: 1642
  • Life Stages® Double Door, Model Number: 1642DD
  • Life Stages® Ultima Triple Door, Model Number: 1642UL
  • Select-Triple Door, Model Number: 1342TD

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! I'll be sure to write those down and store them in my memory banks when the time comes to get 'em! :)

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
It looks great but I bet you could put something together with table parts from IKEA for a bit less money.
They sell table tops and legs separately.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
now i'm gonna have to check and see if i can find something similar for our crate. Hubby likes piling all his crap on them and Shasta pulls them into the crate and he gets mad about it though it was his fault. Would certainly help to have to have a couple more shelf spaces in the house!

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I saw one in a magazine a few months back. So I got hubby involved and he is going to build me one for our mini doxie (she is a pee machine if not watched closely) when I'm gone during the day. Although I don't want an end table, he is going to build one that looks like a cabinet or book case that has a kennel as the bottom shelve.

We are still in the planning stages, as I keep changing my mind - but I want it wired on the sides as well for ventalation and viewability (is that a word?) for the dog. I even considered a corner case, but then it would be far too fat.

He built our entertainment center, and I want it to match. Hubby just thinks he needs new tools to build it, so he is eager to start.....

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
well our dog crates are 48" so finding a table to fit them is gonna be tough

1 - 17 of 17 Posts