German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted this to the DSA email list and I thought it was interesting... I am really leery of using a crate in the car, I've heard of several accidents where the crates broke, open or crumpled and the dogs (in two cases, several show dogs) escaped onto the road. I use a strength-rated dog seatbelt for my dogs.

PetBuckle seatbelt crash test (Shows 1 secured "dog" and 1 unsecured "dog" and the effects on each. While the secured dog may still be hurt, it's not likely to be dead unless the strap is too long as shown in some of the other clips below)

This is scientifc testing of various means of transporting a dog. The video is in Italian, but the images/video speaks volumes:

Here's another German video that shows that even two seatbelts around a small plastic crate turned sideways still cause it to explode:

This is non-scientific testing between a varikennel type crate and the Ruff Tough crate I hadn't seen before (impact from the top and being tossed out of a truck while carrying a load):

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
yea this is why I have my dogs in crash tested seatbelts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts