German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do alot of hiking and am looking for a good sturdy dog backpack for Max. anybody have any recommendations? all the ones I have seen in petsmart and petco look a little flimsy for my purposes, was looking for something big enough for him to carry his own water, spare leash, maybe some odds and ends i cant fit in my pack on a day hike, etc. something with its own hydration bladder would be awesome, I try to stay away from plastic bottles when I can. I'd say he is about average sized, around 80 lbs or so. Its about time he starts lugging his own crap around....

·
Registered
1,994 Posts

·
Super Moderator
32,371 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have two Outward Hound ones that I use with my dachshunds, they're great IMO. Well put together and tough. Fynn's is bigger than Sadie's, I walk him to the beer store frequently and load him up with a 6 pack (3 on either side) and he's good to go (keep in mind he's only about 20lbs). I'm going to get another one for Bruce when he's done growing.

You could put a hydration bladder on either side, or on one side and equal the weight out with other things on the other side. You could probably also find a way to attach the bladder to the top, I haven't tried with the smaller ones because they are too small for it but the bigger ones have more room up there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts