German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two females that I want to start taking on hikes with me this spring (well, one female, the other always came along). I would like to make the hikes longer now, and I'll need to carry enough water for them and myself, as well as some snacks for both. Is there a particular brand or type that I should be looking at?

·
Registered
219 Posts
The one I got is from petco it was around 40 bucks and its worked well for us. I seen some that they had that were about 20 bucks but all the reviews said that they broke after the first use, I havent had any problems with mine and we used it allot last summer I would put a couple bottles of water and a little food in it and it worked great.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one I got is from petco it was around 40 bucks and its worked well for us. I seen some that they had that were about 20 bucks but all the reviews said that they broke after the first use, I havent had any problems with mine and we used it allot last summer I would put a couple bottles of water and a little food in it and it worked great.
I saw the ones at Petsmart. My problem is the size of my girls. The oldest is 2 and a half and still a little skinny at 75 lbs. The other is about 1 and 3/4ths, and 85 lbs. Petsmart didn't have any that fit my bigger girl. Do you know the brand of the pack you have?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I saw the ones at Petsmart. My problem is the size of my girls. The oldest is 2 and a half and still a little skinny at 75 lbs. The other is about 1 and 3/4ths, and 85 lbs. Petsmart didn't have any that fit my bigger girl. Do you know the brand of the pack you have?
It is bison designes
Bison Pet Scamper Dog Pack at PETCO

It says it is for 50 to 60 pounds but my girl is about 75 and it fits her fine. When I bought it I was worried about the fit too, but I couldnt find any that stated they were for larger dogs, so I figured I would order it and try it out and it worked. Maybe someone else knows one that has bigger sizes.
She seen me grab her back pack to look at it and now shes crying at me and dancing around. :rolleyes: Maybe you could take your girls into petsmart and see if they would let you try one on? I dont know if they do that or not.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
It is bison designes
Bison Pet Scamper Dog Pack at PETCO

It says it is for 50 to 60 pounds but my girl is about 75 and it fits her fine. When I bought it I was worried about the fit too, but I couldnt find any that stated they were for larger dogs, so I figured I would order it and try it out and it worked. Maybe someone else knows one that has bigger sizes.
She seen me grab her back pack to look at it and now shes crying at me and dancing around. :rolleyes: Maybe you could take your girls into petsmart and see if they would let you try one on? I dont know if they do that or not.
Fiona runs and hides when I grab her pack. It is from outward hound and I got it at petco. It is for xl dog, 70 pounds. Fiona is 62lbs at 10.5 months. She will be 70 when she is older.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
32,402 Posts
If you do a search you'll find numerous previous threads on this topic, one from just last week.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
32,402 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have the Ruffwear ones and love them :) The approach holds lots of stuff, the Singletrak is just enough to hold the water bladders and a squishy bowl :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts