German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So he are one chicken bone over the weekend. Today I took him outside and he yiped when he pooped. When I picked it up I noticed a bone in it. Is there anything I can do?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
31,803 Posts
Give him lots of pumpkin. That's what I was always told. It will bulk his stool up with fiber and could help the bone pass easier.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I am sure and hope that the pumpkin will help! Seems to be a miracle worker for lots of things :)

But if your dog ever eats cooked bones again and if its not a huge quantity (if its a lot i would probably take to the Vet!) You can give the dog 2 slices of bread with lots of peanut butter in the middle (the bread it to help all the peanut butter go down to the stomach easy, otherwise it might take a while for the dog to eat all the peanut butter without the bread). It is what several vets have said, and i have used it on my parents beagle who helped herself to the counter top with a whole chicken that had no meat on it, just bones. Se ate some of the bones before we could stop her. We called the vets and they told us to do this, and everything went smoothly. :) The peanut butter actaully helps by soothing the dogs stomach as well as collecting pieces of the splintered bone as it goes down its way to the intestinal region.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I am sure and hope that the pumpkin will help! Seems to be a miracle worker for lots of things :)

But if your dog ever eats cooked bones again and if its not a huge quantity (if its a lot i would probably take to the Vet!) You can give the dog 2 slices of bread with lots of peanut butter in the middle (the bread it to help all the peanut butter go down to the stomach easy, otherwise it might take a while for the dog to eat all the peanut butter without the bread). It is what several vets have said, and i have used it on my parents beagle who helped herself to the counter top with a whole chicken that had no meat on it, just bones. Se ate some of the bones before we could stop her. We called the vets and they told us to do this, and everything went smoothly. :) The peanut butter actaully helps by soothing the dogs stomach as well as collecting pieces of the splintered bone as it goes down its way to the intestinal region.
Good to know :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts